Windows 10: Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.

Discus and support Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i have a portable 500 gigs HDD which i was using to copy data from a Really old laptop on which i needed to do a clean install of win 7, So when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jul 31, 2019.

1. PRince4 Win User

Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.

So i have a portable 500 gigs HDD which i was using to copy data from a Really old laptop on which i needed to do a clean install of win 7, So when i was copying data i accidentally bumped the HDD and it got ejected, Since the laptop i was using was really old and it had corrosion and rust on it's USB slots which cause it to get ejected when the cable is moved a slight bit.

So the data isn't lost i googled up and found that's it's something related with the Security Policy Tab of windows and i have to add the current user as the owner in order to view/copy/modify the files. Which is easy to do and i did. BUT! it gets annoying after i have to do this on EVERY folder inside the Disk and several files, i don't know why it affects several files and folder even though i've chosen "Replace Owner Ship of Folders and Files including sub-directories". Which doesn't works on every folder and i manually have to do this everytime i connect it to a different PC. Which gets really annoying. So if someone knows how to fix this permanently then please let me know.

Thanks.

:)

PRince4, Jul 31, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jul 31, 2019
  4. B-Drive Win User

Access Denied - No Security Tab

I'm running Windows 10 Pro - Creators Update. When I plug in an external drive and format it to boot, I cannot access the contents of this drive. Windows says I do not have permission and prompts me to visit the Security Tab. Unfortunately there is no Security
    Tab present in the properties of the drive, and nothing I do (using other support articles) enables the Security Tab.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

B-Drive, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying. - Similar Threads - Drive Accessible Fix

2. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  3. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  4. How to fix this annoying white animation on opening explorer tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this annoying white animation on opening explorer tab.: I clicked on + icon to open new tab and this animation come right on clicking. How to fix it.? Basically, for a split second it becomes all white which is really bad to eyes when working on a dark theme....
  5. How to fix this annoying white animation on opening explorer tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix this annoying white animation on opening explorer tab.: I clicked on + icon to open new tab and this animation come right on clicking. How to fix it.? Basically, for a split second it becomes all white which is really bad to eyes when working on a dark theme....
  6. small annoying glitch with my tabs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    small annoying glitch with my tabs: Hello, I normally can like drag a maximized window to do what the restore down button should do Video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-annoying-glitch-with-my-tabs/e2fb9080-5a1e-4896-9a91-cc884ce45bc2
  7. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option): Windows 10. I have administrative account also. The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files. Previously it wasn't being used so i cloned my HDD to the SDD so now my laptop boots from it fine. This isn't a big problem...
  8. Don't have permission to access E hard drive and its folders, and there is no Security Tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Don't have permission to access E hard drive and its folders, and there is no Security Tab: Hi, last night I was trying to get into files on my E:\ Hard Drive when I found that it was no longer there, it was showing up as E:?. I did some googling and managed to find out it was a Lost Partition, I got it to show up again in my file explorer using cmd prompt but I...
  9. Security tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security tab: Should USB flash drive with fat 32 file have a security tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-tab/e07f1467-3780-4caa-803a-5b7f9cdfffc0"
  10. USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10: I have a thumb drive, that I've been using for the past few years, to archive pictures. Today, I wanted to add another picture--but to my surprise, I'm hit with the "You don't have permissions..." message. Why? And why can't I resolve this? I tried assigning EVERYONE,...