Windows 10: Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10

Discus and support Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If when you attempt to access your external hard drive, USB drive, or SD memory card on Windows 10 and you receive the error message […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 17, 2020

2. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

You get an error stating drive is not accessible, the parameter is incorrect. It’s indicates either hard drive corrupted or permission issue. If files are not executable, you can check for permission.

Please follow the steps below:

How to check permission for external hard drive.

1. Right click on the external hard drive and select properties.

2. Under security and make sure that the drive is not under sharing mode, it should be under your ownership.

You can also click on the sharing and check.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10

Hardrive not accessible. Parameter is incorrect

Hi Mohanmehra,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Try the following method:

1. Plugin your device(it can be your External Hard Drive, USB etc) to your PC.
    2. Open the Command Prompt. You can press Windows Key + X command and select Command Prompt.
    3. Now, type chkdsk E: /f /r. Here, ‘E’ can be replace with the Drive Letter of your external device connected.
    4. The above steps will run CHKDSK to check and repair File System Corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on your device which might be causing such error – ‘Drive Is Not Accessible. The Parameter Is Incorrect'.

Hope the above information will help you.

Good Luck!

Chris_Mathew, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10

1. Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drive accessible parameter

2. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect: Drive E is not accessible It shows parameter is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive-not-accessible-it-shows-parameter-is/28bd1259-b4f2-4b1d-bec6-5fc5329f25fe
  3. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect: Drive E is not accessible It shows parameter is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive-not-accessible-it-shows-parameter-is/28bd1259-b4f2-4b1d-bec6-5fc5329f25fe
  4. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  6. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  7. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect": pin to quick access has not worked in over a year. I get "parameter is incorrect." I have done all the suggests to clean and update the computer. How do I fix this?...
  9. E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect: My HP computer crashed, but before it did, I backed up my data through the blue recovery system onto a My Passport external hard drive. I have since reinstalled Windows 10 and all the HP drivers. I am trying to get the saved data back on my computer. However, when I try to...
  10. "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect": Hi All, My first post! A couple of weeks ago when I turned my PC on and clicked one of drives I received a message that "This Folder Is Empty". I found this solution after a google search: 1.diskpart 2. list disk 3. select disk {number} 4. attributes disk clear readonly...