Windows 10: Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

Discus and support Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While expanding my C drive it may delete Ubuntu U drive on my computer,but the space is not unallocated by that drive. Now i want to completely delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaheshSomani, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

While expanding my C drive it may delete Ubuntu U drive on my computer,but the space is not unallocated by that drive. Now i want to completely delete that volume (U) but it is not showing in disk management. Also it is shown in my computer but it is not opening and also not having any right click option other than properties->customise.

So now i want to delete it completely so that i can utilise the space allocated to it, what should i do?

I am attaching photocopy of my computer window too. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer 8568580a-3941-40f6-9adc-3d41fb9d7d77?upload=true.jpg

:)

MaheshSomani, Sep 18, 2018

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 18, 2018
  3. seejp Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

1. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer - Similar Threads - Drive showing disk

2. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  3. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  4. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management

PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management: HiI just bought a 4TB PCIe NVME SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and they’re closed for the weekend now so I can’t get support from them.I’m trying to install it in my Alienware M15 laptop computer and have checked compatibility with both Alienware Dell and Crucial.When I put the...
  6. PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management: HiI just bought a 4TB PCIe NVME SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and they’re closed for the weekend now so I can’t get support from them.I’m trying to install it in my Alienware M15 laptop computer and have checked compatibility with both Alienware Dell and Crucial.When I put the...
  7. Showing two same drives in disk management

Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  8. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  9. External WD hard drive doesn't show in My Computer or Disk Management

External WD hard drive doesn't show in My Computer or Disk Management: [Windows 10 ver 1909 18363.1256] Hello everyone. I plugged my Western Digital Elements 2TB yesterday (the first time in months) to find that it did not show in My Computer. I took it out and reconnected the device, no luck. It doesn't show in Disk Management either. The...
  10. Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?

Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?: My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas? 60253

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove drive showing in pc but not in device managent

2. driver showing on disk management but not on my pc...how can i fix it