Windows 10: Drive Issues

Discus and support Drive Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, my friend's PC has been acting up lately, we fixed a few problems yesterday and it was working fine today. Then later when he booted it up, it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carmeloman7, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Drive Issues

So, my friend's PC has been acting up lately, we fixed a few problems yesterday and it was working fine today. Then later when he booted it up, it came up with automatic repair for his drive, and it kept saying automatic repair failed. It wouldnt let him boot to windows, not even through safe mode. He had a USB that had Windows Media Installation to reinstall windows, but it just brought up a red bar on the top of his screen. We tried a few things in command prompt such as chkdsk, sfc /scannow and bootrec, but none of those accomplished anything. We also tried resetting the drive in every way possible, but it came up with reset failed. Also tried to switch boot mode in BIOS, and that did nothing.

:)

Carmeloman7, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Drive Issues [​IMG]

Drive Issues [​IMG]

Drive Issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Dec 1, 2020
  3. little cat, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Drive Issues

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Drive Issues [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Drive Issues

1. Drive Issues - Similar Threads - Drive Issues

2. There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.: Hello, I have a usb device, when I plug it in to my pc, it says there's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it. I've tried everything. I've tried using cmd to repair, didn't work, I uninstalled the usb drivers an device, didn't work. I tried scanning the usb...
  3. Hard Drive Issue - how to wipe everything and re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Issue - how to wipe everything and re-install Windows 10: I recently tried to install Linux on my Windows Surface Laptop for school purposes. However, I of course did it entirely wrong. I overrode Windows 10 with Linux and messed everything up. To fix this, my friend re-installed Windows 10 for me. Everything works fine; however, I...
  4. Im having issues with my D drive, random folders unable to delete.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Im having issues with my D drive, random folders unable to delete.: Ive had them for a while, nothing in them and cannot be deleted. Tried to check what theyre linked to and nothing any tips? submitted by /u/Theravrauli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvv8kc/im_having_issues_with_my_d_drive_random_folders/
  5. Cloned Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloned Hard Drive Issues: I cloned a hard drive from a Toshiba laptop to an SSD that I put in an HP laptop. Everything is fine except for some Bluetooth issues. I cannot pair the earbuds on the HP that I used on the Toshiba, nor can I delete them. Is this caused by some data on the Toshiba motherboard...
  6. Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.: First of all hello, i am writing here with the hopes of receiving help as my drive is having issues, I will try to be as detailed as possible here: One day I shutdown my PC with the generic "shutdown" button, but then my PC keeps on running with a black screen, the keyboard...
  7. Restart Issues driving me crazy.

Restart Issues driving me crazy.: Anytime I create hotspot with my PC, it restarts with "windows ran into a problem, we need to re start for you" kernel security check failure. I have upgraded my drivers, re-installed my windows and the problem still remains. somebody help me, this is driving me nuts....
  8. [SOLVED] Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

[SOLVED] Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue: Hello five months ago my HDD was corrupted so I brought it to service shop and they changed my HDD and reinstalled windows in it. What I didn't know was they installed a different windows license with the one I had in my previous HDD which will expired after 180 days. Now I...
  9. Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue: Hello five months ago my HDD was corrupted so I brought it to service shop and they changed my HDD and reinstalled windows in it. What I didn't know was they installed a different windows license with the one I had in my previous HDD which will expired after 180 days. Now I...
  10. Issue installing windows on nvme drive

Issue installing windows on nvme drive: submitted by /u/sessinnek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km8hlz/issue_installing_windows_on_nvme_drive/