Windows 10: Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows installed on an SSD drive and have 4x3TB HDDs in a RAID10 volume. Every time I restart/shutdown/log off the RAID array... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdcopelin, Jul 5, 2020.

1. jdcopelin Win User

Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10

Hello,

I have Windows installed on an SSD drive and have 4x3TB HDDs in a RAID10 volume. Every time I restart/shutdown/log off the RAID array disappears from the system ie does not appear in explorer and applications complain during startup that they cannot find the files. If I go into device manager, it is missing from there as well but re-appears after I click "scan for hardware changes". The drive then appears in explorer and can be used as normal until I restart or log off again. During this time AMD RAIDXpert2 shows the disks and arrays as being healthy/online/normal.

This is a fresh windows install on a new system and chipsetX570/RAID drivers were downloaded directly from the AMD website so they are up-to-date. I have run SFC and DISM to check for corruption but not made a difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong here?

Thank you in advance.

:)

jdcopelin, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2020
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drive keeps disappearing

2. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  3. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  4. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I was listening to music on my Windows 10 laptop using Bluetooth speakers, and they suddenly disconnected. I tried to reconnect, but Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from my laptop. There's no option to turn it on or off, it just says "Bluetooth is turned off" under...
  6. Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I was listening to music on my Windows 10 laptop using Bluetooth speakers, and they suddenly disconnected. I tried to reconnect, but Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from my laptop. There's no option to turn it on or off, it just says "Bluetooth is turned off" under...
  7. Bluetooth disappeared from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth disappeared from device manager: A couple of months ago my Bluetooth stop working and even it disappeared from the device manager. I have a desktop computer a Thinkcentre M900 (out of support), It came with an Intel card 8260NGW (WIFI and Bluetooth), the WIFI is working fine; it is just the Bluetooth the...
  8. Bluetooth disappeared from device manager

Bluetooth disappeared from device manager: I have dell workstation precision 7510 and installed windows 10 64-bit on it. The bluetooth function has disappeared from the device manager. I tried to install its drivers but get the error below. let me know if you got any answers?? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 camera disappeared from Device Manager

Windows 10 camera disappeared from Device Manager: My windows 10 camera has disappeared from the OS software. (This is a camera within the software - not an externally-connected physical camera.) I've covered the beaten path of advice -- go to Device Manager etc., etc. -- contact the camera manufacturer (strange that...
  10. Bluetooth Devices disappear from Device Manager

Bluetooth Devices disappear from Device Manager: Hello, I have some problem. my bluetooth devices not appear in the device manager. i've tried to view by "show hidden device" but it's not appear. in the previous time, I uninstalled it because my bluetooth didn't work. i've read a page that told me if the bluetooth will...