Windows 10: Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks

Discus and support Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I deleted two old recovery partitions and I'm trying to figure out some way I can combine the two blocks and merge them with my C: partition if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mike406, Feb 16, 2018.

1. mike406 Win User

Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks

I deleted two old recovery partitions and I'm trying to figure out some way I can combine the two blocks and merge them with my C: partition if possible. Any help would be appreciated

Screenshot: https://i.gyazo.com/8c96504f7ab41abd...bac95d8490.png

:)

mike406, Feb 16, 2018
  2. mlg63 Win User

Move unallocated space in external drive

Unallocated means the partition or drive is not formatted. You cannot move or include a partition unless it is on the same hard drive. Right click on the Start Button and select Disk Management to see how the drives are partitioned and the letter designation
    of the drives and make sure it is your external drive. You can format that unallocated partition in Disk Management or if it is adjacent to the right of the formatted partition* you can extend the used partition to include the unallocated portion--combining
    both. Then you will be able to use the external drive or that unallocated partition to store files, backups, system images. Be very careful when using Disk Management. Partitioning is not for inexperienced users so read the Help files about it.

* the unallocated partition must be next to the other E partition and on the right side with nothing between them.

mlg63, Feb 16, 2018
  3. Changing Drive Allocation

Hi William,

When moving unallocated space using Disk Management, the space should be adjacent to the right side of the C drive in order to move or extend the volume. If the unallocated space is not adjacent to the drive or located on
    another disk, the extend volume option will be greyed out/unavailable.

Let us know should you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Feb 16, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Try with Minitool partition wizard. Free one doesn't support partition merge, but you can move and extend existing partitions. I did it this way.

AndreTen, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    You move the second one to the left then move c to the left move recovery to the right all unalocatedshould then be next to c which you can now expand

Samuria, Feb 16, 2018
  6. mike406 Win User
    Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks [​IMG]

Much cleaner, and I got the partitions numbered consecutively in diskpart to help my OCD *Smile

Thank you for the responses. It worked, but somehow I messed up the current Recovery partition, but was able to re-create a new one so all is well. Thank you.

mike406, Feb 16, 2018
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Glad it worked. *Thumbs

You can mark the thread as solved.

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks - Similar Threads - Drive management help

2. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space: Whilst I am able to create a new partition, the option to extend the c drive partition is grayed out. I have not yet tried 3rd party tools. All feedback welcome...
  3. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space: Whilst I am able to create a new partition, the option to extend the c drive partition is grayed out. I have not yet tried 3rd party tools. All feedback welcome...
  4. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I extend partition for C drive without having Unallocated space in the adjacent block?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I extend partition for C drive without having Unallocated space in the adjacent block?: Hello Microsoft Team, The C drive in my laptop is full and want to extend the volume. There is Unallocated Space available however the unallocated block is not adjacent to C:, it is next to other partition H:. Please help me extend the volume of C: for the below scenario1...
  6. How do I extend partition for C drive without having Unallocated space in the adjacent block?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend partition for C drive without having Unallocated space in the adjacent block?: Hello Microsoft Team, The C drive in my laptop is full and want to extend the volume. There is Unallocated Space available however the unallocated block is not adjacent to C:, it is next to other partition H:. Please help me extend the volume of C: for the below scenario1...
  7. How do I extend partition for C drive without having Unallocated space in the adjacent block?

8. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  9. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  10. Merging to non-adjacent partitions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging to non-adjacent partitions: How do I merge two non-adjacent partitions in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-to-non-adjacent-partitions/b30e9a7a-875c-4f2f-898a-91a2e87920b4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i join wo non adjacent partitions