Windows 10: Drive mapping GPO take time

Discus and support Drive mapping GPO take time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, I've a drive mapping GPO. It takes more than 1 minute to logon. I've try several options (create/update/recreate) reconnect or not & wait... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sebastiendicque, May 23, 2019.

1. Drive mapping GPO take time

Dear all,

I've a drive mapping GPO. It takes more than 1 minute to logon. I've try several options (create/update/recreate) reconnect or not & wait network & logon without success. Now I've enable the GPO trace on my windows 10 laptop. I see more than 1 minute for ServiceIdleTimerCallback. Do you have an idea about the reason?

Regards

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 PolicyApplicationState is False.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 lpGPInfoHandle->bValid is True.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 lpGPInfoHandle->dwExtnCount is 2.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 AsyncThreadsProcessing is True.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 CGPUserCollection::RWUnlock called

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 Setting lock state as notLocked

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 CGPUserCollection::RWUnlock exited with 0x0

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 CGPApplicationService::IsAnEventProcessing.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 CGPService::IsServiceIdle: bPolicyProcessing=1. bEventProcessing=1. bLockInPlace= 1. bResult=0.

GPSVC(5a0.730) 15:38:32:999 ServiceIdleTimerCallback: Service is busy; not stopping.

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:761 ProcessGroupPolicyCompletedExInternal: Entering. Extension = {5794DAFD-BE60-433F-88A2-1A31939AC01F}, dwStatus = 0x0

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:762 ReadGPOList:++

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:762 ReadGPOList: Read Key:0

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:762 ReadGPOList:-- (Result:TRUE)

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:764 GetWbemServices: CoCreateInstance succeeded

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:766 ConnectToNameSpace: ConnectServer returned 0x0

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:767 ProcessGroupPolicyCompletedExInternal: Extension {5794DAFD-BE60-433F-88A2-1A31939AC01F} was able to log data. Error = 0x0, dwRet = 0. Clearing the dirty bit

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:768 CExtSessionLogger::Log: Didn't find an instance of the extension object when trying to set the dirty flag.

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:769 ProcessGroupPolicyCompletedExInternal: Finished processing extension <Group Policy Drive Maps> at 684390 ticks (ms)

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:769 ProcessGroupPolicyCompletedExInternal: Leaving. Extension = {5794DAFD-BE60-433F-88A2-1A31939AC01F}, Return status dwRet = 0x0

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:769 ProcessGPOList: Extension Group Policy Drive Maps returned 0x0.

GPSVC(5a0.217c) 15:39:49:770 ProcessGPOList: Extension Group Policy Drive Maps was able to log data. RsopStatus = 0x0, dwRet = 0, Clearing the dirty bit

:)

sebastiendicque, May 23, 2019

2. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

Traced it through logs it appears to be a script failure from GPO saying it cannot find the specified file. Also appears to be giving Access denied when trying to manually map and doesnt map home drives or the shared drive to the win 2k8 server but it does to the win 2k12 server

Trix Rahbit, May 23, 2019
  3. NIC
    Nic Win User
    Mapping Drive with GPO worked - but not anymore

A couple weeks ago I created a few test mapped drives. I used the item level targeting feature to target a security group. I also used the item level targeting to single myself out for future testing - I seemed to be able to map drives with no problem after doing a group policy force update each time to get the new changes to appear.

My steps are New GPO > User Configuration > Preferences > Windows Settings > Drive Maps

The action is set to replace (tried update and create to no avail) the location is \server\sharedfolder (tried w/ and w/o reconnect) and choosing Existing drive letter high up in the alphabet. Then Common has the 'Run in logged-on user's security context' and Item-level targeting chosen.

Now, for some reason, I am not having any success and it is of course puzzling. I removed the test policies I had earlier and just left one legit one I had made for a small security group. I have mimicked the options and now am not having any new drive appear. The only thing I can think of would be windows updates - but why that changes how the GPO works or breaks it doesn't seem right.

Online results discuss unchecking the 'reconnect' to this drive and different permissions - but the tests that worked before had 'reconnect' check and I was applying them to the same user then as I am trying now.

Any thoughts, or settings to check? Hopefully I am just missing one small step, but I don't know what it would be.

4. Drive mapping GPO take time

Window 7 upgrade to Windows 10 GPO mapped drives won't connect automatically

Hello,

Window 7 upgrade to Windows 10 GPO mapped drives won't connect automatically but i can manually map network drive. In our GPO after you login in Windows 10 automatically it should be connected immediately.

RomeoAlalayin, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Drive mapping GPO take time

1. Drive mapping GPO take time - Similar Threads - Drive mapping GPO

2. Drive Map GPO: Why doesn't the Public Drive showing for the user ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Map GPO: Why doesn't the Public Drive showing for the user ?: Permission for the Shares Folder: permission for the Public Folder:It's logged in as a Enginnering student:engineering student have a specific drive to only to teh engineering student , regardless, there should be 3 since Public should be shown to everyone in all OU. Please...
  3. Drive Map GPO: Why doesn't the Public Drive showing for the user ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Map GPO: Why doesn't the Public Drive showing for the user ?: Permission for the Shares Folder: permission for the Public Folder:It's logged in as a Enginnering student:engineering student have a specific drive to only to teh engineering student , regardless, there should be 3 since Public should be shown to everyone in all OU. Please...
  4. Drive Map GPO: Why doesn't the Public Drive showing for the user ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GPO Mapped Shared Drives Disappearing - Unable to run gpupdate

GPO Mapped Shared Drives Disappearing - Unable to run gpupdate: Our IT team has noticed a problem with a variety of seemingly related symptoms on several different machines, with multiple different user accounts, each in a different OU for policy.The initial problem that is obvious is that user's network drives are disappearing when then...
  6. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  7. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  8. GPO Drive Mapping Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Drive Mapping Change: Hi, I use GPO's for drive mapping using security groups. We setup a new server and moved the contents of a share from the old server to the new one. So we went from \\server-share\share to \\shared-server\shares\share$. I set the GPO to the new path \\shared-server\share$...
  9. Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time

Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time: SO after ditching SMB to use mapped drives I find it to be faster all around. But one thing, when I start my computer up I can see the mapped drives, but they do not connect right away. Sometimes it take maybe 10 minutes or more while other time one will connect while the...
  10. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7: I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and still has the old mapped drives running what we haven't migrated. The new shared folders are on a new server Win 2012 R2 with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwextncount is 2 for group policy drive maps.