Windows 10: Drive not accessible

Discus and support Drive not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a data partition which is bitlockered. Sometimes when I boot my PC and unlock the part the drive letter momentarily disappears from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robgr, Apr 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM.

1. robgr Win User

Drive not accessible

I have a data partition which is bitlockered.
    Sometimes when I boot my PC and unlock the part the drive letter momentarily disappears from Windows explorer then reappears but when clicked it throws the error 'Drive not accessible' even though teh icon has changed to show it's unlocked.
    Unmounting and remounting from disk management has no effect.
    Rebooting will often work but sometimes I have to reboot a number of times before it will unlock properly.
    Anyone know what this issue is or at last know how to fix it without having to reboot when it occurs?

:)

2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

4. Drive not accessible

Thema:

Drive not accessible

1. Drive not accessible - Similar Threads - Drive accessible

2. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  3. file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive: I didn´t find exactly where should i post this bug because this is not vulnerability. It just makes windows a little bit more irritating. So, this bug happens when i try to connect to external drive (not sure how its called in EN) over a network (SMB, probably v3). The...
  4. Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive not accessible: I have a data partition which is bitlockered. Sometimes when I boot my PC and unlock the part the drive letter momentarily disappears from Windows explorer then reappears but when clicked it throws the error 'Drive not accessible' even though the icon has changed to show it's...
  5. How do I access one drive personal files -

How do I access one drive personal files -: I have recently lost a lot of important files and wonder if they are sitting somewhere in my personal folder - it is not showing up in my normal onedrive stuff......
  6. access denied for a usb flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied for a usb flash drive.: I have a new hp laptop and I cannot access any usb flash drives. I am not a computer person and I have tried all the internet solutions. Can you help me?...
  7. Cannot Access server files/folders over VPN if the remote drive also contains Files/Folders...

Cannot Access server files/folders over VPN if the remote drive also contains Files/Folders...: I often have to work remotely, so I have some folders from our server available offline. The problem is, when I connect to our VPN I can access almost every file/folder on our server, but anything that is on the same drive as an "available offline" file/folder is completely...
  8. Why am I denied access to C: Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I denied access to C: Drive?: I am denied access in the command editor to my C drive. All others are fine. The Tecra i5 has other general access issues and will not accept remote connection from Microsoft. All System report states is 1 or more drivers may be out of date or missing. I have a clean...
  9. Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.: I have a local network and several NAS drives and computer drives on the local network that are setup as mapped drives. Recently our internet connection went down for a couple of days and we were unable to access any of the mapped drives on the LOCAL network once a user...
  10. Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?

Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?: If so , I have the answer to it and you don't have to go to remote repairs by Microsoft techs who can screw up your computer big time and then claim that you need to pay for Assured Support to fix the problem. Ok, so here is the story. I have a remote drive to which...