Windows 10: Drive not accessible

Discus and support Drive not accessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a data partition which is bitlockered. Sometimes when I boot my PC and unlock the part the drive letter momentarily disappears from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robgr, Apr 13, 2019.

1. robgr Win User

Drive not accessible

I have a data partition which is bitlockered.
    Sometimes when I boot my PC and unlock the part the drive letter momentarily disappears from Windows explorer then reappears but when clicked it throws the error 'Drive not accessible' even though the icon has changed to show it's unlocked.
    Unmounting and remounting from disk management has no effect.
    Rebooting will often work but sometimes I have to reboot a number of times before it will unlock properly.
    Anyone know what this issue is or at last know how to fix it without having to reboot when it occurs?

:)

robgr, Apr 13, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Drive not accessible

little cat, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Drive not accessible

1. Drive not accessible - Similar Threads - Drive accessible

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  6. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  7. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  8. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  9. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible

After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible: After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives both C &D are not accessible though i can see them. It says not responding even if I right click to scan or double click to open...