Windows 10: drive not being reconized

Discus and support drive not being reconized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 3TB WD external drive being Recognized in device Manager but wont show up on MyPC so i can access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanBryson, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DanBryson Win User

drive not being reconized

3TB WD external drive being Recognized in device Manager but wont show up on MyPC so i can access files

:)

DanBryson, Mar 24, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not reconizing seagate external usb drives

Thank you for sharing the solution with us for the benefit of others.

For other users who might be using other USB devices, you can try the following:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

or

Check if the drive is assigned a drive letter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

If you see your drive listed there, but no drive letter, right click it

Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Click Add

Click Assign the following drive letter

Click in the Drive letter list box

Choose a drive letter - try choosing letters near the end of the alphabet

Click OK

Click OK again

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Disk drives

Right click the external drive

Click uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart then check if its detected.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Vishal Win User

Recon-ng on Windows disables all modules

I was running Python 3.5 but got to know that recon-ng tool runs on Python 2.8 or below. Therefore I installed Python 2.7.11 also on my Windows 10 system. I installed the dependencies also mentioned in the REQUIREMENTS file that comes with the recon-ng. Everything got installed properly but when I start up recon-ng with the command python27 recon-ng --no-check, I am getting the following error:

And lot more.

In the end it is showing 87 modules disabled which is the total number of modules present in it. Although I am still getting the interactive shell at the end and able to execute the "help" command. But, when I am trying to execute "show modules" command, it is expectedly throwing an error. Please suggest how to remediate this.

Vishal, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. drive not being reconized - Similar Threads - drive being reconized

2. lumia 530 not charging or being reconized my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lumia 530 not charging or being reconized my computer: hey so i just bought a lumia 530 dual sim but the problem is its not charging nor being reconized by my computer windows 8.1 but the charger i have works with mylumia 635 so any fix for this?...
  3. lumia 530 not charging or being reconized my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lumia 530 not charging or being reconized my computer: hey so i just bought a lumia 530 dual sim but the problem is its not charging nor being reconized by my computer windows 8.1 but the charger i have works with mylumia 635 so any fix for this?...
  4. Windows 11 not reconizing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not reconizing drive: Windows 11 does not reconize the in built dvd/cd drive. says connect burner and re-start when i try to burn a disk can someone help please thanks .brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-reconizing-drive/6778fda6-a88f-4a74-91d3-ea534ed24e67
  5. Windows 11 not reconizing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not reconizing drive: Windows 11 does not reconize the in built dvd/cd drive. says connect burner and re-start when i try to burn a disk can someone help please thanks .brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-reconizing-drive/6778fda6-a88f-4a74-91d3-ea534ed24e67
  6. Not reconizing LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not reconizing LAN: All of a sudden Windows 10 does not find my LAN device. I have tried all I know and have found but, nothing works for me. None of my test even find my network or IP address. It's as if there is not a LAN installed. At startup the connection at the computer blinks orange...
  7. not being reconized as adminstrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not being reconized as adminstrator: When I try to delete this program it tells me this. folder access denied you need permission to perform this action you require permission from DESKTOP - S65GENT\rpowe to make changes to this folder I am the sole user of this computer and am the administrator. How do...
  8. MPM-2000U Microphone not being reconized by my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MPM-2000U Microphone not being reconized by my computer: I have MPM-2000U USB Microphone not being recognized by my computer, I restarted my computer, deleting the mic from my computer and reinstalling it, but nothing is working....
  9. ghost recon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghost recon: hi there i have just recently upgraded too windows 10 from 8.1 . having some bother trying too rteinstall some off the games i play , i cant seem too get ghost recon future soldier installed, anyone have ant ideas p[lz? thanks would be real appreciated.......regards john 44990
  10. dvd drive not reconized

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dvd drive not reconized: Error message says module not installed. After upgrading i was supposed to receive KB3051704 update to correct this problem. Is that what's wrong or something else. Please help. I need to be able to use the dvd drive. I never received the update. 41957