Windows 10: Drive not found / application not found

Discus and support Drive not found / application not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a micro SD card with an adapter that can be plugged into a standard usb slot. When I try opening it through My Computer, it just gives the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJT_390, Apr 1, 2021.

1. RJT_390 Win User

Drive not found / application not found

I have a micro SD card with an adapter that can be plugged into a standard usb slot.

When I try opening it through My Computer, it just gives the error message "application not found" / not available

Clicking 'Format' doesn't do anything; nothing pops up.

The drive name is Disk D: and I tried changing the drive name but that doesn't do anything.

I also tried a method mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/f-application-not-found/8963a2e8-74e8-4185-8f41-974f40a2c902

which is open Registry Editor,

open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2 ,

open folder D, and delete the contents of the folder, but that does nothing. Even deleting the folder itself and making a new folder does not do anything.

There was one other method I tried. I can't remember the exact details, but it involved changing properties of usb.

It was "deny write access but can be unmounted without safely removing first" and changed to "allow to write onto usb but it requires 'safely remove hardware' before unmounting the storage device."

The micro SD used to be in my phone, but even my phone can't mount it. Is there a way to solve this without having to find and install a third-party program.

:)

RJT_390, Apr 1, 2021
  2. little cat, Apr 1, 2021
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Drive not found / application not found [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Drive not found / application not found - Similar Threads - Drive found application

2. C DRIVE ' APPLICATION NOT FOUND'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C DRIVE ' APPLICATION NOT FOUND': Help me, i can't open my C drive . It says " Application Not Found" . i can't put a screenshot bcs of this sorry. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-application-not-found/6822a4b8-978f-41fe-a543-a01eedfa4cde
  3. C DRIVE ' APPLICATION NOT FOUND'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C DRIVE ' APPLICATION NOT FOUND': Help me, i can't open my C drive . It says " Application Not Found" . i can't put a screenshot bcs of this sorry. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-application-not-found/6822a4b8-978f-41fe-a543-a01eedfa4cde
  4. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  5. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  6. No applicable license found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No applicable license found: Hello! Last night I bought the game Among us, it was all correct, I could play it without problem, until today it began to say that there is no applied license and it is beginning to worry me....
  7. Application not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application not found: This afternoon, I tried to download a game. When I clicked on it, it said "You need an app to open this exe file". I didn't know what to do so I search on the Internet for solutions. One instructed me to reset Microsoft Store. The thing is after I reset MS and restarted my...
  8. Application not found

Application not found: When I try to boot an application Win 10 says application not found, list the directory and app did you type it correctly I tried reinstalling the application with no success. I googled this and it seems to be a common issue with Win 10. How do I correct this?...
  9. Application not found

Application not found: Hey, Yesterday i have downloaded and app and it had malwares and after controlling the situation. i have 2 problems now. First when i open any folder or drive using " double click " or " bolded open " it says application not found [ATTACH] but when i use "open in a new...
  10. Application not found

Application not found: I recently had a virus called chameleon file exploer (or something like that). When I deleted it I get "Application not found" when trying to open any of my folders whether they are on the desktop or in file explorer. It gives the specific file location and then says the...