Windows 10: Drive not showing correct used space.

Discus and support Drive not showing correct used space. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop - PH315-52-78VL OS: Windows 10 My drive C: in properties is showing that I have 74.1 GB of used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by matimontilla, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Drive not showing correct used space.

Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop - PH315-52-78VL

My drive C: in properties is showing that I have 74.1 GB of used space but when I manually select all the files inside of drive C: it only shows that the size on disk is 48.0 GB. I do not have any video games installed.

And is it normal that my windows folder is 20.0 GB in size?

:)

matimontilla, Apr 12, 2020

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 12, 2020
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Drive not showing correct used space.

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CDrive not showing correct used space. :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Drive not showing correct used space.

1. Drive not showing correct used space. - Similar Threads - Drive showing correct

2. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  3. Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive shows more used space than what is being used: Hi, i have a 256GB D: drive, and it shows only 22 GB remaining. However, upon use of windirstat, or simply selecting all the folders from the root and clicking properties. The actual used space is less than what is reported in the drive itself. For example:Going to properties...
  4. Drive E showing the correct storage space drive C should have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive E showing the correct storage space drive C should have: Why is drive E showing the storage space that drive C should have, and how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-e-showing-the-correct-storage-space-drive-c/03995a35-560e-4c0e-918e-7bdd44c31b04
  5. Drive E showing the correct storage space drive C should have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive E showing the correct storage space drive C should have: Why is drive E showing the storage space that drive C should have, and how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-e-showing-the-correct-storage-space-drive-c/03995a35-560e-4c0e-918e-7bdd44c31b04
  6. Drive E showing the correct storage space drive C should have

7. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  8. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  9. C drive is showing wrong used space

10. C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive: basically my c drive has 217gb storage ssd of which 103 gb is shown as used space . when I select all the files in c drive and check on properties only 40 gb is shown as size on disk .then i should have have additional 77 gb storage kindly help me windows 10 os...