Windows 10: Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Drive not showing in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK...If I insert a USB drive into my computer... Disk Management shows a drive with a drive letter Disk Management shows a healthy partition on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BennyDowell, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

OK...If I insert a USB drive into my computer...

Disk Management shows a drive with a drive letter

Disk Management shows a healthy partition on the drive

I get the insertion sound

Bit Defender says the drive is Ok.

However, Drive F never shows up in Windows Explorer. If I type "F:" in the address bar of Windows Explorer, it goes right to it, but never shows drive F. If I go into disk management and change the drive letter to drive G:, it immediately shows up as G: in Windows Explorer. After that, If I change the drive letter back to F: it disappears from Windows Explorer again. I don't understand at all. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Benny

:)

BennyDowell, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

1. Drive not showing in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Drive showing Explorer

2. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  3. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  4. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  6. Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive

Windows Explorer showing invalid Local Drive: Recently Windows explorer is showing a new drive. When I click on it, it is not existent. I read other questions and saw information about using diskpart and disk management. I tried both running as administrator. In both cases, the new drive letter does not appear so I...
  7. External drive not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive not showing in Explorer: Windows10 l have plugged a fairly new Samsung 1TB external drive into two different computers but it doesn’t show up in File Explorer or Disk Management. The blue indicator is lit on the drive. When I click the icon on the status bar, it shows Eject Samsung M3 Portable....
  8. usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer: Hi, I have two questions: 1) One of my usb drives doesn't show up on Windows Explorer, but does on Disk Partition Manager. Referred some other posts to try changing the drive letter but unable to do so. Months ago, encountered this and managed to find a reference to solve...
  9. Windows Explorer showing System Reserved drive

Windows Explorer showing System Reserved drive: Ever since I did a clean installation of Windows 7 on my system it started showing a System Reserved Drive of size 100MB. Even after upgrading to Windows 10 it didn't go away. How can I hide it?[ATTACH]...
  10. File explorer not showing a drive.

File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"