Windows 10: Drive not showing proper storage.

Discus and support Drive not showing proper storage. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DRitchie1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DRitchie1 Win User

Drive not showing proper storage.

I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and finding the lost space but I don't know how to fix it without making a new D: drive.

:)

DRitchie1, Jul 12, 2019

2. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

Hi Edward,

We would like to ask you some questions so that we can properly assist you:

1. Can you provide us with the steps that you performed in adding the new drive to the storage pool?

2. Can you provide provide us a screenshot of the storage pool showing the drives in it?

3. Are you able create additional drives in the storage pool and does it show in the storage pool?

Rolando Vil, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

I went into Control Panel / Storage Spaces. There was one option - Create A Storage Pool. I clicked that and it gave me a list of drives with one drive in the list. It was the USB drive. The other drives do not show up. They are both SATA drives. The first
    one has the OS on it. The second one is formatted but empty. I have created files on it and deleted them so I know the disk is working.

I will try to get a screen shot at some point however, I don't as of yet have network access on that machine.

I was able to create a drive in the storage pool using only the USB drive.

EdwardSchmitz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Drive not showing proper storage. - Similar Threads - Drive showing proper

2. Fake Storage Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fake Storage Drives: [ATTACH] The local disks XYZ are not real disks but a duplicate of some folders from local disk C. How do i remove the local disks XYZ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-storage-drives/47c7ab6f-3117-4878-8f67-78d11bcbaaf6"
  3. Directory system not showing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory system not showing properly: Hi I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders back from my back ups and put my websites folder back into MY DOCUMENTS where I keep them stored and they I went to FTP some...
  4. Storage not displaying properly

Storage not displaying properly: Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing my storage on a nearly full computer. Image attached for refernece: [ATTACH]...
  5. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"
  6. Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager: I have 3 Flash Drives, all the same (generic bought from my son's high school supply store). They all worked on my old laptop, an Acer, with Windows 8, but is broken. None of them are showing up in the device manager on my new (refurbished) Dell Inspiron 14 with Windows 10....
  7. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  8. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  9. Build 10041 Samba doesn't show C drive properly !!!!

Build 10041 Samba doesn't show C drive properly !!!!: Hi there 3 Linux servers with different distros seem to be unable to read the C drive directory properly on a new Windows 10041 (Real) machine. Seems to be NO problem in accessing the other shared drives on the computer. This problem only seems to be when SAMBA wants to...
  10. "Storage" only showing system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Storage" only showing system drive: Hi guys, I've got an issue with storage in settings, it's only showing my system drive on the PC. I've 7 drives in total and want to change where apps are being saved to but as storage is behaving as I've only got the one drive I'm unable to change to anything from "C"....