Windows 10: Drive not showing proper storage.

Discus and support Drive not showing proper storage. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DRitchie1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DRitchie1 Win User

Drive not showing proper storage.

I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and finding the lost space but I don't know how to fix it without making a new D: drive.

:)

DRitchie1, Jul 12, 2019

2. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

Hi Edward,

We would like to ask you some questions so that we can properly assist you:

1. Can you provide us with the steps that you performed in adding the new drive to the storage pool?

2. Can you provide provide us a screenshot of the storage pool showing the drives in it?

3. Are you able create additional drives in the storage pool and does it show in the storage pool?

Rolando Vil, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

I went into Control Panel / Storage Spaces. There was one option - Create A Storage Pool. I clicked that and it gave me a list of drives with one drive in the list. It was the USB drive. The other drives do not show up. They are both SATA drives. The first
    one has the OS on it. The second one is formatted but empty. I have created files on it and deleted them so I know the disk is working.

I will try to get a screen shot at some point however, I don't as of yet have network access on that machine.

I was able to create a drive in the storage pool using only the USB drive.

EdwardSchmitz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Drive not showing proper storage. - Similar Threads - Drive showing proper

2. Hard drives not showing properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drives not showing properly.: Win 10, Dell XPS-13 9500, 0.50 GB internaI storage and three external drives, 0.2 GB, 1.0 TB and 2.0 TB. All SSD. I have way too many HID folders and internal sub-folders , 40+, and only one drive showing when two are plugged in, and two drives showing when only one is...
  3. Hard drives not showing properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drives not showing properly.: Win 10, Dell XPS-13 9500, 0.50 GB internaI storage and three external drives, 0.2 GB, 1.0 TB and 2.0 TB. All SSD. I have way too many HID folders and internal sub-folders , 40+, and only one drive showing when two are plugged in, and two drives showing when only one is...
  4. Hard drives not showing properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  6. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  7. Storage not working properly

8. Storage Drive shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Drive shows wrong size: Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a storage drive consiting of 2 x 4 tb drives in a spanned array.Should show 7.2 tb but only shows 3.64 tb. any way to fix this please 180414
  9. Storage not displaying properly

Storage not displaying properly: Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing my storage on a nearly full computer. Image attached for refernece: [ATTACH]...
  10. "Storage" only showing system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Storage" only showing system drive: Hi guys, I've got an issue with storage in settings, it's only showing my system drive on the PC. I've 7 drives in total and want to change where apps are being saved to but as storage is behaving as I've only got the one drive I'm unable to change to anything from "C"....