Windows 10: drive not showing up in devices

Discus and support drive not showing up in devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy23 that has 2 drives but only one shows up in disk drive. it is a SDSA5dk-016GB-1006 and has no more space. There is another drive that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyMordenti, Jan 1, 2020.

1. drive not showing up in devices

I have a HP Envy23 that has 2 drives but only one shows up in disk drive. it is a SDSA5dk-016GB-1006 and has no more space.
    There is another drive that has 1TB ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB but I cannot get it to merge with the other one because it keeps disappearing in the disk management. I bought the computer in 2013 and WIN8 was installed and after a week I upgraded it to Win10. All has been well till October-2019 when I kept getting Low Disk Space messages.
    anyone have this happen to them???? thanks, Nancy

:)

NancyMordenti, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Jan 1, 2020
  3. USB Drive showing "Not Migrated" in Device manager

Forgot this one on the list, my bad

Yes, I have tried the steps above and it did not resolve the issue.

My pen drive is still showing "not migrated"

Any further help would be appreciated, thanks!

Matthew 'DoubleRainbow'Walker, Jan 1, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

drive not showing up in devices

DVD Drive shows as "Unknown device" in Device Manager

Have you updated or reinstalled the driver? If not, follow these steps:

• To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.
    • To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
      • Press the Windows key + R to open the
        Run
        dialog box.
      • Type devmgmt.msc, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
        Allow
      • In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click
        Uninstall.
      • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
        OK
      • Restart the computer. After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.
    Update us with the results.

Thank you.

John Ado, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

drive not showing up in devices

1. drive not showing up in devices - Similar Threads - drive showing devices

2. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  3. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  4. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up

Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up: Hello, I found an old floppy drive and it is showing up on BIOS and Windows device manager, but not showing up on "This PC". Does Windows 10 (20H2) still support Floppy? Thanks 173238
  6. All USB devices showing up as drives

All USB devices showing up as drives: All of my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, webcam, printer, Bluetooth dongle) show up as drives ("no media") in Disk Management, and as disk drives in Device Manager. It's not a fatal problem, but it's annoying. Is there a way to correct this? Windows 10, Version 2004 (OS...
  7. All USB devices show up as drives

All USB devices show up as drives: All of my USB devices keyboard, mouse, webcam, printer, Bluetooth dongle show up as drives "no media" in Disk Management, and as disk drives in Device Manager. It's not a fatal problem, but it's annoying. Is there a way to correct this?...
  8. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  9. Device not showing up on devices page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device not showing up on devices page: I signed into my laptop everyday with my Microsoft account. Now it's been stolen and I went to the devices page and it's not there!!! Is there any other way to add a device of you dont have access to it? Also, why is it not showing up when I logged in with my Microsoft...
  10. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management: [ATTACH] after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again. now D drive does not show up. I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management i...