Windows 10: Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop)

Discus and support Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Someone please help me. I am trying to set up our server which we have on my sisters new laptop. when I go to 'map network drive' and click 'browse'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tommy1188, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Tommy1188 Win User

Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop)

Someone please help me.
    I am trying to set up our server which we have on my sisters new laptop. when I go to 'map network drive' and click 'browse' the server called 'BGE-B-NAS' doesn't appear on the list. I have tried multiple times and nothing seems to be working. I also tried to type it in manually but it just said that 'windows cannot access \\BGE-B-NAS\Companydata'. Is it to do with the fact that this is a laptop and it is using the wifi instead of being wired?

Any help would be very helpful and thank you in advance for the help.

:)

Tommy1188, Dec 25, 2015
  2. ipellant Win User

Windows 10: Mapped network drives not showing up until sign out/restart?

In maybe the same tin...

Stumbled into a problem:

Scenario:

• Mapped a network computer drive to be E:\ on a laptop
    • Worked with no obvious problems - plug in a USB stick and it would take the next drive letter up
    • Then networked computer serving the mapped drive was not available - showed as not available on the laptop.. OK
    Problem:

• Plug a USB drive into the laptop - fails to show in Explorer. It appeared as a device; but not as a file system - guess Windows was trying to assign it to be drive E:\ - but that was held by the Map
    • The Map drive letter could not be released - Un-Map or Delete refused to clear it
    • Only solution was to put the network server back online and then clear the Map on the laptop.
    I was sure I had never had this problem before... but... all of my Windows 8.1 computers are now Windows 10 (10240 and 10525). I cannot test on Win 8.1. I still have a Windows XP computer - tested it... no such problems - dead network drive maps are easily
    deleted.

ipellant, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Connecting New Windows 10 Laptop to Windows 7 Running on a Mac via VMware Fusion

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 that I am trying to a Mac running Windows 7 via VMware Fusion. A mapped network drive had previously been established between the old laptop and the Mac. When I booted up the Windows 10 is recognized the other computers
    and printers on the network. It even recognizes the mapped drive, but I receive an error message when I try to connect to the mapped drive:

Windows cannot access . . . You do not have permission.

The Mac does recognize the new laptop.

Do I need to have the new laptop join the HomeGroup to have access to the mapped drive? We do not currently share any information via Libraries.

Thank you.

jcsommerfield, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Tommy1188 Win User

sorry for anybodies bother but it worked in the end

Tommy1188, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop) - Similar Threads - Drive showing trying

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  6. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  7. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer: I have several server drives mapped to my Surface Pro 3 tablet, and from time to time they disappear from Windows Explorer and XYplorer (an Explorer replacement). They are still there and mapped, as Net Use shows them mapped properly. But to get them tho show up in either...
  10. Problems Trying to Map Network Drives

Problems Trying to Map Network Drives: Hi, I have windows 10 on my home laptop which I have brought in to work, connected up to the wireless network and attemping (and failed) to map the networks drives that are attached to our server. For some reasons, when I try and browser for folders whilst attemping to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to map a drive not showing up