Windows 10: Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

Discus and support Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YashGuptaYoshi, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions behave normally. How to I get F to remain visible?

:)

YashGuptaYoshi, Oct 17, 2021

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Oct 17, 2021
  3. F: partition

Microsoft is aware that previously-hidden partitions are improperly being assigned drive letters after installing the April 2018 Update. As a result, they now appear in Disk Management and File Explorer. These partitions are typically recovery partitions
    used by the Windows Recovery Environment or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is not recommended that you attempt to delete or reformat these partitions as this may have adverse effects on your ability to recover Windows. Microsoft is currently working
    to address the issue in a future Windows Update, and we’ll update this thread when a solution becomes available.

(Update 5/14/18: The solution that will soon be released via Windows Update will only prevent this issue from occurring for devices that install the April 2018 Update after the solution is released. If you've already installed the April 2018 Update and are
    experiencing this issue, you'll need to follow the steps below if you want to hide these partitions.)

Although you can safely ignore these partitions, if you prefer do away with the low disk space warnings and hide the partitions so they no longer appear in File Explorer, you can do so by manually removing the partition’s assigned drive letter. To do this:

1. Select the Start button, type cmd and then right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “F”, note the volume number for Drive F.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive F is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=F

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre for Directly, Oct 17, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

1. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting. - Similar Threads - Drive partition automatically

2. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.: My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions...
  3. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.: My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions...
  4. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. F: Drive Partition Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F: Drive Partition Disappeared: Hey all,Yesterday, I was trying to allocate more RAM to a Minecraft Optifine installation. I don't think I did it correctly, as the program crashed whenever I tried to open it, and the allocated RAM returned to its default value of 2GB every time this occurred. This whole...
  6. F: Drive Partition Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    F: Drive Partition Disappeared: Hey all,Yesterday, I was trying to allocate more RAM to a Minecraft Optifine installation. I don't think I did it correctly, as the program crashed whenever I tried to open it, and the allocated RAM returned to its default value of 2GB every time this occurred. This whole...
  7. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program: Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and restarting anytime I try to open a game or program. I already reinstalled windows and the issue persisted. If anyone has an idea...
  8. F drive partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F drive partition: I was under the impression that the F drive partition is where the recovery info for Win 10 resided. I've tried to refresh and/or restore my system, but I keep getting the message that some files necessary to refresh or restore are missing. Also when I try to use a restore...
  9. About hiding a drive(Partition)

in Windows 10 Customization
    About hiding a drive(Partition): Hi! Good day to all :) I have a HP-15 windows 10 notebook laptop. The problem is, I need to hide my HP RECOVERY partition (D: ) from windows file explorer because I havent to do any buisness with this drive in day to day tasks. OK. I already tried to edit from gpedit.msc...
  10. Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown: Each time I shutdown my computer, after a second or two, it restarts by itself. How do I prevent this from recurring? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-restarts-automatically-upon-shutdown/a4adf780-aac1-48b3-aecc-9cca6804e9eb