Windows 10: drive randomly reappears and disappears

Discus and support drive randomly reappears and disappears in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nolansmith2, Aug 22, 2020.

1. drive randomly reappears and disappears

I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and the drive disappeared again.

:)

nolansmith2, Aug 22, 2020

2. Wireless network driver randomly disappears and reappears - Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that wireless network driver randomly disappears on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

You may also want to reset the WiFi router to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 22, 2020
  3. 2BearArmy Win User
    Random Disappearing/Reappearing SSD on Boot

Config:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 480GB SSD
    Corsair 850W PSU
    2x HD 6950 GPU's

My desktop has a 480GB SSD main drive (OS and games), and two secondary HDD's for media storage.

I have had no issues with this SSD, until I tried to add a second video card to my system, and subsequently had to remove it. After a couple re-installs and finally getting the Crossfire to work, I am still in this broken state.

Symptom:

If I put my computer to sleep, restart, power down, it is a complete gamble as to whether or not the system will see the boot drive. What is consistent, is that after a seemingly random interval, it will eventually see the drive and boot straight to windows.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reset Bios
    • Removed all other options for bootable devices
    • Re-installed Windows
    • Updated all OS drivers
    • Updated firmware for both the MoBo bios and the SSD.
    • Replaced all SATA cables
    • Moved to another SATA controller port
    • Switched power cables
    • SSDLife came back saying the drive is healthy
    I am literally out of ideas at this point, and the issue is extremely annoying. Sometimes my boot times are 30 seconds (if it sees the drive) sometimes it's 20 minutes (constant reboots until it sees the drive).

Anyone have any other ideas, or have seen this before?

2BearArmy, Aug 22, 2020
  4. drive randomly reappears and disappears

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

drive randomly reappears and disappears

1. drive randomly reappears and disappears - Similar Threads - drive randomly reappears

2. WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly: I built my pc a few months ago and only recently I started dealing with this issue. I would restart my pc and at random the Wi-Fi disappears and only reappears after a few days. I’ve tried finding fixes and did everything that the internet tells me but the most I can do is...
  3. WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly: I built my pc a few months ago and only recently I started dealing with this issue. I would restart my pc and at random the Wi-Fi disappears and only reappears after a few days. I’ve tried finding fixes and did everything that the internet tells me but the most I can do is...
  4. D drive disappears then reappears after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive disappears then reappears after restart: My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?...
  5. Disappearing/reappearing icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disappearing/reappearing icons: Something has changed in the last couple of days, but I hadn't carried out any process immediately prior to it happening. All the items in the system tray and all the icons in the task bar disappear for 7-8 seconds before reappearing. At the same time the icons on the...
  6. Taskbar apps keep disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar apps keep disappearing and reappearing randomly: So my laptop’s taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing. It’s not disturbing me but it’s annoying. My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad. submitted by /u/arjun_0507 [link] [comments]...
  7. HDD disappeared and reappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD disappeared and reappeared: Hi! So i was playing some games that was installed on my secondary drive and it always somehow disappeared and reappeared after a few seconds. does anyone have a solution for this because cant make any progress in anything...
  8. Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004): I've been on 2004 for a while now and have not had any major issues iirc. I have had one other major issue recently, but I cannot remember if it was before or after I installed this update - my touchpad stopped working properly, tried reinstalling/replacing drivers but it...
  9. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart: Hello, I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while playing games or using PC it crashes and when i go to "This PC" local disc HDD is missing and the only way to make it appear...
  10. Disappearing and reappearing pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disappearing and reappearing pointer: I am having issues with the mouse pointer disappearing and reappearing continually. It makes sounds while doing it...I have run a scan and done some work on the command administrator but has not resolved the issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive disappearing and reappearing

2. boot drive disappears after some time reappeared

3. windows 10 hard drive suddenly disappears and reappears