Windows 10: Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

Discus and support Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay4444, May 5, 2022.

1. Jay4444 Win User

Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I should have done was remove linux from its installation. This seemed to create an error in GRUB, which is a linux bootloader. I searched for quite a while with nothing helping me. I waited for an external enclosure to arrive so I could continue using my pc on a new installation of windows whilst trying to fix or extract files f

:)

Jay4444, May 5, 2022
  2. little cat, May 5, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 5, 2022
  4. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

1. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD - Similar Threads - Drive showing empty

2. Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives": Even though I have "Hide empty drives" checked as I have always empty drives still show in Explorer's right pane.sfc /scannow command was invoked....
  3. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  4. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  5. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder in external hard drive shows empty: I have a laptop that died. I now have the hard drive in an external case and am trying to access my documents under my user name. On my new laptop, file explorer says the user folder is empty. But when I connect the external hard drive to another pc, it can access my...
  6. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder in external hard drive shows empty: I have a laptop that died. I now have the hard drive in an external case and am trying to access my documents under my user name. On my new laptop, file explorer says the user folder is empty. But when I connect the external hard drive to another pc, it can access my...
  7. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drive shows up as empty

Drive shows up as empty: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]For some reason, after I mistakenly made the entire drive downloads and fixed it, the drive seems empty although it has the downloads folder....
  9. Can show hidden files but not empty drives?

Can show hidden files but not empty drives?: Hello, first sorry im not speak english. Is possible show hidden folder and files but hide empty drives? I need if is possible, view folders, and files hidden. But i have a card reader and in the explorar show all units even empty units. It's quite annoying. I have...
  10. Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???: I'm trying to Install some software on a disk. The disk drive is recognised but there is nothing in it ? Despite showing it's full. 9375