Windows 10: Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found

Discus and support Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. First up, I'm not the best with computers but I have been playing/gaming my whole life. Having issues booting from the drive. It can't be found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Darkayne, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Darkayne Win User

Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found

Hello. First up, I'm not the best with computers but I have been playing/gaming my whole life. Having issues booting from the drive. It can't be found. When the computer is started there is a beeping sound (not a clicking sound, but sounds like life support...). The drive shows up in the Boot menu in the settings but acts like its not even there when trying to load Windows from it. Tried the Windows Image Recovery tool but it can't find it either. What to do? Is my drive shot?

:)

Darkayne, Jul 23, 2019
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 23, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found

second hard drive not showing

had problem with new laptop being stuck in repair mode, reinstalled windows 10 now 2nd hard drive does not show in device manager or disk mgmt.

no way to reassign drive letter, dive not showing. Restarted computer and went to boot menu or bios menu. Drive is listed there. When windows boots up, it disappears.

DEATH BY SWEETP, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found

1. Drive Shows in Boot Menu, But Still No Drive Found - Similar Threads - Drive Shows Boot

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  4. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. old empty M.2 drive is still the boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old empty M.2 drive is still the boot drive: I have an old m.2 drive that was my boot drive with windows installed on it. It's now empty and windows was installed on another drive SSD. But somehow the original m.2 is considered the boot drive. I cannot select the SSD in the BIOS as the new boot drive. I want to...
  6. old empty M.2 drive is still the boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old empty M.2 drive is still the boot drive: I have an old m.2 drive that was my boot drive with windows installed on it. It's now empty and windows was installed on another drive SSD. But somehow the original m.2 is considered the boot drive. I cannot select the SSD in the BIOS as the new boot drive. I want to...
  7. Hard drive and bootable pendrive not showing in boot menu!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive and bootable pendrive not showing in boot menu!: I bought a new hard drive for my Acer aspire 3 laptop because the old one was damaged. And when I tried to install windows on it, the hard drive is not showing in the boot menu. see picture 1But the hard drive is showing in the 'Information tab' as the 2nd picture.also, my...
  8. flash drive not showing up on boot menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    flash drive not showing up on boot menu: My usb 3.1 isn’t showing up on the boot menu, will i need to fix something in the bios or is it a problem with the flash drive? submitted by /u/urmomhomosapien [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh3rte/flash_drive_not_showing_up_on_boot_menu/
  9. Disconnected drive still shows up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnected drive still shows up: I have a 2.5 inch drive enclosure that I use to allow me to connect 2.5 inch drives to my PC, which I use as backup drives. I had a 2.5 inch HDD in it, and I shut down my PC, removed this drive, and then placed my 2.5 inch SSD in it. However when I turn my PC back on, the SSD...
  10. Hard Drive not showing up on Boot Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hard Drive not showing up on Boot Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you turn on your Windows 10 computer and it fails to boot successfully and you access the BIOS/UEFI and notice that the disk […] This article Hard Drive not showing up on Boot Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...