Windows 10: Drive shows up as empty

Discus and support Drive shows up as empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]For some reason, after I mistakenly made the entire drive downloads and fixed it, the drive seems empty although it has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John.Doe79, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Drive shows up as empty

Drive shows up as empty d2169011-4a1d-477e-9319-bc0a481dea7c?upload=true.png Drive shows up as empty 24fe7a28-9fb7-4d3a-b3d7-dfc23492e40a?upload=true.png Drive shows up as empty 221dd6ac-4f00-4931-97e0-38914531972c?upload=true.png For some reason, after I mistakenly made the entire drive downloads and fixed it, the drive seems empty although it has the downloads folder.

:)

John.Doe79, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Drive shows up as empty [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Jerry8A, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Drive shows up as empty

little cat, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Drive shows up as empty

1. Drive shows up as empty - Similar Threads - Drive shows empty

2. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  3. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  4. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder in external hard drive shows empty: I have a laptop that died. I now have the hard drive in an external case and am trying to access my documents under my user name. On my new laptop, file explorer says the user folder is empty. But when I connect the external hard drive to another pc, it can access my...
  6. My D disk is showing up empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D disk is showing up empty: So my D disk that is 931 GB says its using 345 GB of space in my file explorer. But when I go into windows settings>storage and then click the D disk in there, it shows that its using up 0 bytes of storage on all the different categories I'm trying to clear my D disk of big...
  7. Windows Defender shows up empty. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender shows up empty. Help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZorgoCrypton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6fxb7/windows_defender_shows_up_empty_help/
  8. Emojis Show Up as Empty Boxes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emojis Show Up as Empty Boxes: I changed my default font to SimSun and now I can't see emojis. Is there any way to fix this without changing my font back? submitted by /u/Elephanteyyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxwbb1/emojis_show_up_as_empty_boxes/
  9. Can show hidden files but not empty drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can show hidden files but not empty drives?: Hello, first sorry im not speak english. Is possible show hidden folder and files but hide empty drives? I need if is possible, view folders, and files hidden. But i have a card reader and in the explorar show all units even empty units. It's quite annoying. I have...
  10. Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???: I'm trying to Install some software on a disk. The disk drive is recognised but there is nothing in it ? Despite showing it's full. 9375