Windows 10: drive space

Discus and support drive space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried doing a factory reset on my HP Stream laptop but I got a screen that said I needed to free up space. I am not tech savvy so I have no idea how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by agarcia1, Mar 4, 2019.

1. agarcia1 Win User

drive space

I tried doing a factory reset on my HP Stream laptop but I got a screen that said I needed to free up space. I am not tech savvy so I have no idea how to do this or what it is I need to delete. Please help.

:)

agarcia1, Mar 4, 2019

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (Cdrive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 4, 2019
  4. drive space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

drive space

1. drive space - Similar Threads - drive space

2. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  3. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive space

Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  6. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  7. Hard Drive space

8. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  9. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  10. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free up drive space in windows 10 microsoft.com