Windows 10: Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

Discus and support Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dhruv Nath, May 10, 2021.

1. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before.

:)

Dhruv Nath, May 10, 2021

2. eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

No error messages.

I've always experienced this File Explorer shut down in this particular situation since I got the computer a couple of years ago, thus I haven't made any changes since the issue started.

I haven't done anything that could be called troubleshooting, I've only searched for settings which might be changed from the default to remedy the situation. Since I didn't find any settings changes that fit the situation, I didn't change anything.

I've always had an antivirus utility running on this computer (Webroot Secure Anywhere), in addition to what is built in with Win 10.

It just seems like default behavior for File Explorer. When I right-click on the Flash drive or SD card device on the listing, and select Eject, it does eject the device, and I am informed that it is safe to remove device, but then File Explorer closes.
    No error messages, no indication that this is anything but normal behavior.

WylieShambles, May 10, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, May 10, 2021
  4. lacrumb Win User

Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

SSD drives are not eject-able. They have to be physically removed.

If it is a USB stick then eject will show on the right click list.

lacrumb, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

1. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting - Similar Threads - Drive still appears

2. File explorer appear a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer appear a new drive?: I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of...
  3. File explorer appear a new drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer appear a new drive?: I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of...
  4. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  5. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  6. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

7. Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer: What do you think if Microsoft next OS update in file explorer, user could right click on "drive alphabet" to eject SSD safely via pop up menu efficiently?...
  8. Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...: Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when I have successfully deleted its contents (in the temporary files in setup-systems-storage) I just wonder why the folders are still there! Well, I’m just cleanings up and am curious if I can remove the...
  9. flash drive eject after opeining files

flash drive eject after opeining files: I often open files on a flash drive for printing. When I am finished printing, unless I eject the drive, each time I open an app and a file on another drive, I get a message that the flash drive cannot be found. If I opened 5 files for printing and don't eject the flash...
  10. folders appear empty even though data is still on drives

folders appear empty even though data is still on drives: my mother who is running Windows 10 has not turned her computer on and quite some time. However this morning when she turned her PC on any folder she clicked on appears to be empty however the drive indicators in the "this computer" window show that there is data on the drive...