Windows 10: Drive suddenly full

Discus and support Drive suddenly full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows and all of a sudden when I saw my PC folder my D drive blotted, like until yesterday only around 30Gb was the size that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Priyansh_ladha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Drive suddenly full

I recently updated my windows and all of a sudden when I saw my PC folder my D drive blotted, like until yesterday only around 30Gb was the size that was filled and today it was suddenly 325Gb. A backup of some sort has been created and I am unable to clean it. It keeps saying that I do not have the permission. What should I do?

:)

Priyansh_ladha, Mar 16, 2020

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 16, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Drive suddenly full

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Drive suddenly full [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Drive suddenly full

1. Drive suddenly full - Similar Threads - Drive suddenly full

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 hard drive suddenly became full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 hard drive suddenly became full: I was just browsing the internet one night and I noticed my Windows C: drive said 0 bytes free, so I restart my computer, and then it said 4 GB free of 1.81 TB, I had a lot more storage free At least 500 GB before so I have no idea what happened. I did uninstall some games,...
  6. My Windows 10 hard drive suddenly became full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 hard drive suddenly became full: I was just browsing the internet one night and I noticed my Windows C: drive said 0 bytes free, so I restart my computer, and then it said 4 GB free of 1.81 TB, I had a lot more storage free At least 500 GB before so I have no idea what happened. I did uninstall some games,...
  7. C drive is suddenly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C drive is suddenly full: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (version 2004). Today I was using my laptop as I normally do, and suddenly I got a notification from windows letting me know it turned on Storage Sense. I found it very silly as I knew I had more than 50gb of free disk space on my C drive. My C...
  8. MY C- DRIVE SUDDENLY GOT FULL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY C- DRIVE SUDDENLY GOT FULL: I am a Windows 10 user. Until yesterday my C- Drive had approximately 140GB free out of 199GB, but today suddenly it shows that 2.65GB free out of 199 GB. Then I opened the drive and selected all files and clicked on properties. It showed "Size: 54.2GB Size on disk: 54.7GB" I...
  9. System disk drive suddenly full

System disk drive suddenly full: The sum of the sizes of the top level folders in my 222GB SSD Drive C: is 104GB, as it has been for a long time; however, suddenly Properties of drive C: says that 205GB is used, with only 17.2GB free. Virtual memory page file is1.2GB, Disk Cleanup offers only 4GB the...
  10. Windows hard drive suddenly full

Windows hard drive suddenly full: Hello all. So 3 days ago I cleared out 30 gigs of hard drive space and I was pretty happy cause it was hard and I eventually had 70 gigs of free hard drive space. Fast forward 3 days and I boot it up again. wasn't on in the days before and I plug a USB drive in for a file...