Windows 10: Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

Discus and support Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Window 10 laptop will require about 150 Gb to create and external image on a hard drive. My external drive is 2 TB. Will the image be in a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MDAGU, Apr 24, 2020.

1. MDAGU Win User

Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

My Window 10 laptop will require about 150 Gb to create and external image on a hard drive. My external drive is 2 TB. Will the image be in a folder and I can use the remaining space for other things?

:)

MDAGU, Apr 24, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

1. Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things - Similar Threads - Drive window image

2. Can other computer use my window image backup files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can other computer use my window image backup files?: Hi everyone,I'm wondering if someone got my system image backup files, could they recover their computers with my backup files and then take my data inside?...
  3. Can other computer use my window image backup files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can other computer use my window image backup files?: Hi everyone,I'm wondering if someone got my system image backup files, could they recover their computers with my backup files and then take my data inside?...
  4. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?: Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a...
  5. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?: Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a...
  6. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?: HI all,I wonder if I create a system image or system backup on a drive with existing file, will the wizard remove those existing files or simply just create a seperate folder and save the backup there?In the past, I always just use a clean drive to do the backups but found it...
  8. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?: HI all,I wonder if I create a system image or system backup on a drive with existing file, will the wizard remove those existing files or simply just create a seperate folder and save the backup there?In the past, I always just use a clean drive to do the backups but found it...
  9. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Using Windows 10 Image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Windows 10 Image: If I use an image of Windows 10 for a clean install, would the current version of Windows remain? For example: Computer comes with Windows 10 Pro, I use an image to deploy said computer. Will the clean install recognize the computer had Pro or will it revert to Home edition?...