Windows 10: Drive volume extension

Discus and support Drive volume extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; in disk management I am not able to extend the volume of the c drive because the unallocated volume is not adjacent to the c: drive. Is there another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luckeduck.rick, May 16, 2020.

1. Drive volume extension

in disk management I am not able to extend the volume of the c drive because the unallocated volume is not adjacent to the c: drive. Is there another way to do this. There is 12 GB of unused drive space there.

:)

luckeduck.rick, May 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 16, 2020
  3. Volume bar banner

Hi,

To answer your questions:

• No major changes or update to the system
    • It happens only with Chrome
    • No extension to play music throughout Chrome
    • I am currently using the latest Chrome version available

With regard to the suggested steps, I tried it and nothing changed.

Thanks for your help, waiting for your response.

Kind Regards

Pedroich94, May 16, 2020
  4. Drive volume extension

Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next step of creating a volume, I right click on disk 1 and there is no option available to create a new simple volume. There are other volume options (mirror, raid, etc) but they are all greyed out. Simple is not even listed as an option. I went to DISKPART and using clean command, took it back to the start, then initialized it as a GBT. That didn't make a difference. Now I'm back to MBR again. I also did a List Volume command under DISKPART and confirmed there is no volume on this drive. I'm stuck. How can I get this drive to the point where I can format it and use it?
    Thanks!

Witch Hazel, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Drive volume extension

1. Drive volume extension - Similar Threads - Drive volume extension

2. Regarding volume extension of Local Disk C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding volume extension of Local Disk C:: I want to extend the volume of my Local Disk C:, but my option for extend volume is greyed out. Please help me with this matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-volume-extension-of-local-disk-c/1382bd31-e374-4f59-840b-824b01906243
  3. Regarding volume extension of Local Disk C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding volume extension of Local Disk C:: I want to extend the volume of my Local Disk C:, but my option for extend volume is greyed out. Please help me with this matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-volume-extension-of-local-disk-c/1382bd31-e374-4f59-840b-824b01906243
  4. Regarding volume extension of Local Disk C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Home Bit Locker Volume extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Bit Locker Volume extension: Dear Microsoft supporting staff,I have cloned my operation drive to a bigger drive. Now I need to extend the volume to ensure the operating drive has enough space for expansion. The system disk management and 3rd party software do not allow Volume extension for Bit Locker...
  6. Extension of 'C' Drive

Extension of 'C' Drive: Hi, 1. Status: Windows 10 2. I wish to extend space on C Drive. 3. There is a Healthy Recovery Partition of 350 Mb between the C Drive and the Unallocated space/volume available on the Right, just next to it which I wish to add to the C Drive. I guess this portion...
  7. extension of drive d

extension of drive d: hi, I want to ask how I extend my drive d as I have unallocated space but on right clicking on drive d option it isn't showing extension option so i can extend it. Kindly advise me I'm very grateful to you for this favour....
  8. Disc cloning and volume extension

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disc cloning and volume extension: I used Macrium yesterday to clone a 512 SSD onto a new 1TB SSD, using the default clone settings. This was my first time ever cloning and I was not aware that it would leave the rest of the space unallocated. After reading more about it, it became clear that I should not have...
  9. Drive Volumes

Drive Volumes: My laptop has 100GB allocated to the C drive and 900GB allocated to F Drive. How can I allocate more space to the C drive as "extend volume" is greyed out in Disk Management? If I simply shrink volume of F Drive will it become available to extend volume of C drive? (both...
  10. C DRIVE EXTENSION

C DRIVE EXTENSION: I AM UNABLE TO EXTEND C DRIVE PLEASE HELP ME TO EXTEND IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-extension/58eb9461-c87f-4772-9118-5a5d3cbdcc40"