Windows 10: Drive Volumes

Discus and support Drive Volumes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has 100GB allocated to the C drive and 900GB allocated to F Drive. How can I allocate more space to the C drive as "extend volume" is greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJ_Qs, Nov 25, 2019.

1. MJ_Qs Win User

Drive Volumes

My laptop has 100GB allocated to the C drive and 900GB allocated to F Drive.

How can I allocate more space to the C drive as "extend volume" is greyed out in Disk Management? If I simply shrink volume of F Drive will it become available to extend volume of C drive? (both NTFS)

:)

MJ_Qs, Nov 25, 2019

2. Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next step of creating a volume, I right click on disk 1 and there is no option available to create a new simple volume. There are other volume options (mirror, raid, etc) but they are all greyed out. Simple is not even listed as an option. I went to DISKPART and using clean command, took it back to the start, then initialized it as a GBT. That didn't make a difference. Now I'm back to MBR again. I also did a List Volume command under DISKPART and confirmed there is no volume on this drive. I'm stuck. How can I get this drive to the point where I can format it and use it?
    Thanks!

Witch Hazel, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Drive Volumes

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Drive Volumes

1. Drive Volumes - Similar Threads - Drive Volumes

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  7. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  8. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....
  10. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....