Windows 10: Drive will not let me access it

Discus and support Drive will not let me access it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, One of my hard drives on my computer all of a sudden will not let me access it. Labeled as my F drive. I click on it and it gives message of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MNeders, Jan 27, 2021.

1. MNeders Win User

Drive will not let me access it

Hi,

One of my hard drives on my computer all of a sudden will not let me access it. Labeled as my F drive. I click on it and it gives message of Working on it and just will not open to show files. I eventually have to X out of it. I have run some checks and it states the drive is healthy. I can even right click on it and then access it through another program which is more photo oriented that actually show all of the files and can open the photos but not word documents or pdf's etc. All the files on the drive do show in this program.

Seems strange cannot just open the drive by clicking on it. I normally access it by start, documents, which brings up all my drives or attachments to the computer and then click on the drive. I need to get access to it. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

MNeders, Jan 27, 2021
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Drive will not let me access it

Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Drive will not let me access it

1. Drive will not let me access it - Similar Threads - Drive let access

2. My hard drive will not let me access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive will not let me access it: So I have a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive and it will not let me access it. I will try to click on it and then it will crash my file explorer and also my taskbar will disappear for a minute at most. I have also tried going into the properties of it but it won't let me do a...
  3. My hard drive will not let me access it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive will not let me access it: So I have a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive and it will not let me access it. I will try to click on it and then it will crash my file explorer and also my taskbar will disappear for a minute at most. I have also tried going into the properties of it but it won't let me do a...
  4. Visual Studio will not let me access marketplace

Visual Studio will not let me access marketplace: I recently installed Visual Studio community 2019. All of a sudden, I receive the following error when trying to add more Extensions:"A connection to the server could not be established because the following error occurred: An error occurred while sending the request. The...
  5. Ticketmaster won't let me access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ticketmaster won't let me access: I am trying to print my ticket but I received this message ; "Pardon the InterruptionAs you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:You're a power user moving through this website with super-human...
  6. Ticketmaster won't let me access

Ticketmaster won't let me access: I am trying to print my ticket but I received this message ; "Pardon the InterruptionAs you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:You're a power user moving through this website with super-human...
  7. Ticketmaster won't let me access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. TrustedInstaller Won't let me access anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    TrustedInstaller Won't let me access anything: Okay, I'm more than a little frustrated at the moment. I've been trying to fix this for hours now, but I've had no success. This TrustedInstaller program won't let me access anything at all. I can't troubleshoot anything, I can't change file permissions, I cant view my...
  9. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker will not let me lock a drive: i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer why is this and how do I get it to stop i put in a screenshot of...
  10. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

in Windows 10 Support
    bitlocker will not let me lock a drive: i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer why is this and how do I get it to stop i put in a screenshot of...