Windows 10: Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

Discus and support Driver causing crashing, no bsod. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I believe one of my drivers is causing crashing on my windows 10 but I do not get a bsod or any error codes. I set up driver verifier and it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SlayTheRats, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

I believe one of my drivers is causing crashing on my windows 10 but I do not get a bsod or any error codes. I set up driver verifier and it wouldn't let me back into windows without bsod. I had to go into safe mode and disable it to boot normally. These are two crash dumps created when the bsods occured.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8n6N_lx-O4Cy7-NJWxi3VnV02L8Qq0u/view?usp=sharing

Hoping this gives some information as to what the issue is, Thank you.

:)

SlayTheRats, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Golden Win User

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Sep 28, 2020
  3. user1010 Win User
    BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Nice script!!

Here is the output. I attached the zip-file.

bsod--(2019-12-15_14-16-37).zip

user1010, Sep 28, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

Windows 10 Recurring Crashes

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the 10forums.

As this is not a BSOD problem, this is not the right part of the forum.
    There are a few suggestions I would give you, NO garantee it will help!

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Driver causing crashing, no bsod. [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Driver causing crashing, no bsod. [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with AVG Driver Updater, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Thema:

Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

1. Driver causing crashing, no bsod. - Similar Threads - Driver causing crashing

2. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  3. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  4. Driver issue causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issue causing BSOD?: Hi,I have a second PC that is pretty old - 10 - 11 years.It had Windows 7 installed and I just got a Windows 10 licence for it.During install it crashed a lot with a BSOD saying KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. It does not give any other details, there is no file name in brackets...
  5. Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes: I installed the urgent security fix 7/7 and saw a list of multiple driver "updates" suggested by Windows Update. I foolishly installed them and now my computer which has been stable for years crashes randomly when in use or just idling on its own. 4 BSOD screens in two days...
  6. New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD: Yesterday I put a new MB, processor, and RAM into my PC. I created a restore point before, and a restore point before running Verifier.exe. I have the crash logs. I have been doing troubleshooting since Friday, and most problems have been resolved, except for...
  7. Driver causing desktop to crash

Driver causing desktop to crash: For the past week i have been playing a fun game. Before that i changed my ram because my brother offered the ram to me and i accepted. For a few days the game ran well. but a few days ago, it would freeze and crash to desktop. Now my computer will blue screen randomly and...
  8. BSOD crash caused by Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error

BSOD crash caused by Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error: Hi Community I have a complete new Surface Laptop 3 and it crashes with BSOD caused by Thread Stuck in Device Driver. It have happened multiple times now. I can reproduce the issue if the laptop goes into power save mode. When reactivating it after power save it reboots....
  9. Constant Crashes Causing BSOD

Constant Crashes Causing BSOD: I have had to reset my computer twice. This last time I only installed the latest drivers and firefox. It still crashes. Its favourite prank to pull is to say the computer crashed because it wasn't shut down properly (or "previous shutdown was unexpected") after I shut it...
  10. Driver causing BSOD

Driver causing BSOD: Im not sure what driver is causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at my dump files who knows what they are looking at. My specs are included in the folder. Thanks in advance for any help....