Windows 10: Driver compatibility problems

Discus and support Driver compatibility problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think I have some kind of compatibility issue is what two experts have suggested and I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It's a new laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BruceAragona1, May 3, 2020.

1. Driver compatibility problems

I think I have some kind of compatibility issue is what two experts have suggested and I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It's a new laptop and everything is working great. The only problem I have found is, while I'm worried it's something more universal, if I update sound or video drivers I come out with unacceptable performance. When I update the sound drivers the audio gets crackling and sounds a bit underwater. When I update the video drivers I get problems with some 2-way communication stuff like online classes just not youtube..?, where everything lags/freezes and then picks up where it left off, and games have a kindred problem to each other where it takes a couple of seconds to register commands and graphics continue there's just no internal interaction. I was wondering if there was something simple to do about it, was my computer in any real risk, is there something more universally wrong? Should I just leave it for now, when I don't update the drivers everything works great! If I ever run windows update though or manually through device manager or manufacturer's update as well I have to uninstall my drivers and it's a little unrealistic. I'm also a bit of a neat freak and I'd hate to leave something disorganized in the background : Please help! Ok, thanks.

:)

BruceAragona1, May 3, 2020

2. Driver compatibility

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as Windows 10 is latest Operating System and it would be needing latest device drivers to work correctly, as the Driver Updates are not available on the manufacturer website I suggest you to install
    drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Install the Driver in Compatibility mode:

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10. I suggest you to download the
    Latest Drivers from Manufacturer website and install the in compatibility mode

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in
      Compatibility Mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Kindly refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 3, 2020
  3. Graphic Card driver problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that Windows 10 drivers are not yet available for your computer model, Dell needs to update them on their website.

As a workaround I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver

I suggest you to try uninstalling the Display Adapter driver and then install the driver from check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Method 3

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Reference:

Support für OptiPlex 780 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 3, 2020
  4. chirp Win User

Driver compatibility problems

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Driver compatibility problems

1. Driver compatibility problems - Similar Threads - Driver compatibility problems

2. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  3. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  4. NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility: When I go to properties and compatibility setting [352.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-beta] the is no windows 10 in the tab only up to windows 8 **** is going on ???!...
  5. Help with compatibility/drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with compatibility/drivers: Im relatively new to PC's as I've just made the switch from Xbox One. I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I'm trying to set up my powerline so I have an ethernet connection. I've traced the only problem in the whole setup to be the fact that my ethernet...
  6. KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem

KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem: I posted as a reply to <link> "https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-installation-of-Microsoft-update-KB4509478-Synaptics/m-p/7164381#M194726" and wish to bring this symptom to the attention of Microsoft. After installation of Microsoft...
  7. Remote NDIS Compatible Device driver installation problem

Remote NDIS Compatible Device driver installation problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I tried to install 'Remote NDIS Compatible Device' driver at Device Manager but I got an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" What should I do to solve this problem? This computer is desktop in my university I want to connect this desktop...
  8. Problem with compatibility RainbowSixSiege

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with compatibility RainbowSixSiege: Hallo, ich habe ein Problem mit einer App/ einem Spiel (RainbowSixSiege), welches des öfteren (etwa alle 30min.) dafür sorgt das der PC einfriert, und er mit dem neustart Knopf am PC neugestartet werden muss. Ich weiß nicht warum das passiert (der PC hat genug Leistug, es...
  9. Possible compatibility problem with Win10 built 17134 and Nvidia drivers

Possible compatibility problem with Win10 built 17134 and Nvidia drivers: Dear support, since end of June I'm facing problem of compatibility with Win10 version 10.0.134 and Nvidia drivers. I run Aorus X7V4 with Intel core i7-5850. and 2 Nvidia GTX 970M with the lasts available driver. suddenly my laptop was like frozen, was working since fans were...
  10. Compatibility problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility problem: Running Win 10 64bit with Anniversary update, so far very impressed with the latest from Microsoft, but alas I have a compatibility issue with some software, which ran perfectly with XP, Vista, Win 7, but not with Win 10, as been confirmed by Msoft, so is there a tried &...