Windows 10: Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is...

Discus and support Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi r/Windows10. I changed my laptop's (HP 14-bs0xx) hard disk from HDD to 256 GB Transcend SSD. I am trying to install Windows 10 using a USB stick.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shassanrb, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is...

Hi r/Windows10.

I changed my laptop's (HP 14-bs0xx) hard disk from HDD to 256 GB Transcend SSD.

I am trying to install Windows 10 using a USB stick. When I click on "Install Windows" I get this error.

What I have tried from YouTube recommendations: - checked using DiskPart that the disk is listed. - converting disk to MBR and installing through MBR partition (Rufus). - disabling and enabling secure boot. - disabling and enabling legacy mode. - using a different Windows 10 image. - also used Windows Media Creation Tool to copy windows in the usb. - tried different USB ports.

None of these measures helped. What should I do to fix this?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/shassanrb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shassanrb, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: A media drivers your computer needs is missing while installing Windows

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that during installation of Windows, you receive an error “A media drivers your computer needs is missing.”

Ideally, in this scenario we need to install the storage drivers from the Motherboard manufacturer’s website and this should allow to install Windows. I would suggest you to download the
    AMD RAID Preinstall Driver (Note) Win10 ver.1903 supported under SATA RAID/AHCI from

B450M DS3H
    , extract the drivers and put it in a thumb drive.

During installation, insert the thumb driver with drivers, click on Browse and navigate to the thumb drive. This should detect the required drivers and install them. Once done, you will be able to continue with the installation.

For additional information, see
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing" or "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error message when you install Windows

Let us know the results. We will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 6, 2020
  3. A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard Disk driver while installing Windows 10

When setup starts I can get past where you select your language and keyboard type but then I run into an error that says:

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard Disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it Please insert it now.

Note: if the installation media is in the windows DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it from this step.

I created intsllation media many times. I downloaded even new Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool.

Saqib Pandit, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is...

A media driver your computer needs is missing HELP!!

Hi Jimmy,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted ISO file.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article.
    It will give you information and resolution about the issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is...

1. Driver error while installing Windows 10 on new SSD: A media driver your computer needs is... - Similar Threads - Driver error while

2. "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation: Hello, I recently built a computer but the problem is is that when I try to install windows 11 on it will say:"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please...
  3. "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation: Hello, I recently built a computer but the problem is is that when I try to install windows 11 on it will say:"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please...
  4. Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi I am unable to install Win10 using my thumb drive, I am able to bootup my system and get the installer working. However when I get to the "Install Windows" section, clicking on install brings up this error.I have got the latest BIOS driver for my Mobo installed. The mobo I...
  5. Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi I am unable to install Win10 using my thumb drive, I am able to bootup my system and get the installer working. However when I get to the "Install Windows" section, clicking on install brings up this error.I have got the latest BIOS driver for my Mobo installed. The mobo I...
  6. Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error: A media drivers your computer needs is missing while installing Windows 10 64bit

Error: A media drivers your computer needs is missing while installing Windows 10 64bit: I keep getting the error: Error: A media drivers your computer needs is missing while installing Windows 10 64bit I have verified the checksum of the installer and tried loading the raid drivers from gigabyte's website... but can't seem to get it installed. I have also...
  8. Error installing windows: "a media driver your computer needs is missing..."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error installing windows: "a media driver your computer needs is missing...": I tried installing windows 10 on my brand new PC, but it seems that i cant install windows. i get an error stating: "A media driver your computer needs is missing. this could be a DVD, USB, or Hard Disk driver..." i downloaded the windows installer from the microsoft website...
  9. Error:A media driver your computer needs is missing. while installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error:A media driver your computer needs is missing. while installing windows: I tried to download windows 10 from the website it paused/failed multiple times but the sha256 checksum was okay and it wasn't corrupt so I used usb flasher (an app on pop os that lets you flash iso files on a usb) but when I boot from the usb and try install I get this...
  10. Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi, I have recently encountered an error when trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. When I backed up all my files, I went into "Repair your computer" and opened command prompt. I then put in a command for "diskpart" and wrote clean disk 0 (the hard disk). Then I...