Windows 10: Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation

Discus and support Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I built a custom PC a few months ago and its gotten BSOD's occasionally. However, recently I've been getting them a lot and I'm not sure why. I fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephan Zhang, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation

I built a custom PC a few months ago and its gotten BSOD's occasionally. However, recently I've been getting them a lot and I'm not sure why.

I fresh installed Windows today and put in all the latest drivers the motherboard manufacturer recommended: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI

However, while installing some software, I got BSOD with this stop code:

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL

I also got this code a lot before I fresh installed.

I used my PC normally for a few hours but there were still a few crashes so I rolled back the Intel Wifi and Realtek Audio driver to the default one but I still get bluescreens.

This time, the stop code was:

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Here are the DMP files I have:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkbXG9D5iJhayx7bSiGFzPjenhTq?e=NrERb6

My PC is not overclocked, Windows is updated, and I've tried the restore health and scannow commands in Command Prompt. My components should still be in warranty so I can replace a faulty part if necessary.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

:)

Stephan Zhang, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue screen error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when trying to install Audio driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a Blue Screen error with “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” when trying to install Audio drivers. I’ll certainly help you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

An incompatible system driver causes the Blue screen error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. For more information see

Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation

Blue screen error caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I have analyzed the dump files and will need the following information:

• When do you get the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to Desktop?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

The Blue screen error caused by ntoskrnl.exe is related to memory and possibly a faulty driver. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Boot in to safe mode

I suggest you to boot the computer into safe mode and see if the issue persists in safe mode. Please refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and boot the computer into safe mode.

If the computer works fine in safe mode, I suggest you to perform a clean boot in safe mode environment to isolate the issue.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Run memory diagnostics

Since the Blue screen error is related to memory, I suggest you to run a Memory diagnostic on the computer to diagnose the memory installed on the computer.
    Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

For additional information, refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation

1. Driver errors causing blue screens after new installation - Similar Threads - Driver errors causing

2. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  3. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  4. AMD Driver Causing Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Driver Causing Blue Screen: Hello everyone,My AMD driver is causing repeated system failures =blue screens.Hardware: ASUS Zephyrus G14GA401IICPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics 2900 Mhz, 8 cores This issue started occuring after having updated to Windows 11. Whenever I use Windows browse the...
  5. AMD Driver Causing Blue Screen

AMD Driver Causing Blue Screen: Hello everyone,My AMD driver is causing repeated system failures =blue screens.Hardware: ASUS Zephyrus G14GA401IICPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics 2900 Mhz, 8 cores This issue started occuring after having updated to Windows 11. Whenever I use Windows browse the...
  6. New WhatsApp causing blue screen errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New WhatsApp causing blue screen errors: I updated my WhatsApp for Windows 10 about 1 week ago and my laptop started displaying blue screen errors, supposedly related to memory failures.The failure was severe, and the PC didn't work anymore. Finally, I disconnected the power and took out the battery, and re-started...
  7. New WhatsApp causing blue screen errors

New WhatsApp causing blue screen errors: I updated my WhatsApp for Windows 10 about 1 week ago and my laptop started displaying blue screen errors, supposedly related to memory failures.The failure was severe, and the PC didn't work anymore. Finally, I disconnected the power and took out the battery, and re-started...
  8. Blue screen after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing drivers: Hey, recently i broke my gpu geforce by dropping my drink accidently and it splashed inside my pc, idk if it broke anything else but it works now, my friend gave me his gpu and its a poseidon geforce 670 and i installed it and tried to run a game but it has fps lag on pixel...
  9. Blue Screen - Caused by Driver ntoskrnl.exe

Blue Screen - Caused by Driver ntoskrnl.exe: Hi I was hoping someone could analyse this mini dump and see if they could point me in the correct direction. Almost a year ago I started to get BSODs on my previous PC, cause was nearly always Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe, but the Bug Check String usually differed. I...
  10. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...