Windows 10: Driver folders in Windows

Discus and support Driver folders in Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are driver files in C:\WINDOWS\inf C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository What is the difference? Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlphaOmega111, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Driver folders in Windows

There are driver files in

C:\WINDOWS\inf

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

What is the difference? Do the folders serve different purposes?

:)

AlphaOmega111, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 21, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Driver folders in Windows 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Driver folders in Windows 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Driver folders in Windows

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Driver folders in Windows

1. Driver folders in Windows - Similar Threads - Driver folders

2. Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?: I keep getting an error that a driver cannot load because my memory integrity is turned on and to disable it in order to load the driver.... the thing is I have NO IDEA why this driver is there in the first place. Reading up it claims to be Advanced Malware Protection from...
  3. Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?: I keep getting an error that a driver cannot load because my memory integrity is turned on and to disable it in order to load the driver.... the thing is I have NO IDEA why this driver is there in the first place. Reading up it claims to be Advanced Malware Protection from...
  4. Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.: Hi,Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers. Both folders having same files and size. Which one I should keep?Regards....
  5. Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.

Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.: Hi,Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers. Both folders having same files and size. Which one I should keep?Regards....
  6. Uninstalled a program successfully, however a .sys file is still in my drivers folder but...

Uninstalled a program successfully, however a .sys file is still in my drivers folder but...: Hello,I recently uninstalled a program. When I used the Everything app to search my computer for any remnants of it, I found a .sys file in my Sysrem32/drivers folder.I cannot delete it from the Everything app.When I open the path to the drivers folder, the .sys file is not...
  7. Uninstalled a program successfully, however a .sys file is still in my drivers folder but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled a program successfully, however a .sys file is still in my drivers folder but...: Hello,I recently uninstalled a program. When I used the Everything app to search my computer for any remnants of it, I found a .sys file in my Sysrem32/drivers folder.I cannot delete it from the Everything app.When I open the path to the drivers folder, the .sys file is not...
  8. microsoft harassment continues . download folder empty , printer no longer works , driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft harassment continues . download folder empty , printer no longer works , driver...: 1.5 hours ago I wanted to print a document . The laptop and printer were working fine .now , despite annoying updates turned off , everything is changed .I have dealt with microsoft for years . However now the updates constantly do damage and waste my timeon a regular basis ....
  9. microsoft harassment continues . download folder empty , printer no longer works , driver...

microsoft harassment continues . download folder empty , printer no longer works , driver...: 1.5 hours ago I wanted to print a document . The laptop and printer were working fine .now , despite annoying updates turned off , everything is changed .I have dealt with microsoft for years . However now the updates constantly do damage and waste my timeon a regular basis ....
  10. Driver state folder related

Driver state folder related: Can you tell me why I cannot open driver state and configure folder which is in system 32 folder. When I am trying to open it says you don't have permission to access this folder and when I click ok it says you have denied the permission. So can you tell me if I change it's...