Windows 10: Driver for IronKey not recognised

Discus and support Driver for IronKey not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Go LTE running Windows 10 Professional. I regularly use encrypted IronKeys for storing and accessing data for work. For example the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcBrigginshaw1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Driver for IronKey not recognised

I have a Surface Go LTE running Windows 10 Professional. I regularly use encrypted IronKeys for storing and accessing data for work. For example the Imation IronKey D80. The Surface Go LTE only has a USB-C port, and therefore I either connect USBs through an adapter attached to the USB-C port, or through the Microsoft Surface Hub connected to the other port. I find that on the majority of occasions when I connect one of the IronKeys to the Surface Go, it does not acknowledge it and does not autostart the exe to run the decryption program. When I look in File Explorer, the USB is not even listed as a storage device.

Driver for IronKey not recognised 12278963-1bbc-42bf-9eb7-ebc7b70e4b1a?upload=true.png

I have noticed in Device Manager that there is a warning next to the driver (see above screenshot), and the only way to resolve the issue is to uninstall the device driver and then restart Windows, after which it works until I shut down Windows and open it again, then the problem reoccurs. This doesn't happen with normal (unencrypted USBs).

My question is, has anyone else had this issue? I only have this problem with my Surface Go and not my Dell laptop. Is it related to the fact I have to use an adaptor to attach the IronKey to the USB-C port? Is there any way I can resolve this so I do not have to uninstall the device driver and restart Windows every time I use an IronKey? Any help would be very much appreciated.

:)

MarcBrigginshaw1, Sep 18, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Imation To Acquire IronKey's Security Hardware Business

Imation Corp., a leading global technology company dedicated to helping people and organizations store, protect and connect their digital world, and IronKey, a global leader in securing data and online access, today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Imation will acquire the assets of IronKey’s secure data storage hardware business.

The two companies also announced a strategic partnership whereby Imation will receive an exclusive license from IronKey for its secure storage management software and service, and a license to use the IronKey brand for secure storage products. IronKey will partner with Imation to provide its online cloud-based security services.

Approximately 40 employees of the privately held IronKey business are expected to transfer to Imation with the acquisition. Financial terms of the acquisition, expected to close within 30 days, were not disclosed.

“This acquisition is another important step in Imation’s strategy to invest in leading technologies that enable us to deliver highly secure data storage solutions to our customers,” said Mark Lucas, president and chief executive officer, Imation Corp. “IronKey’s products meet the highest security, performance, and privacy standards of Fortune 500, enterprise, government, and military customers. Our new partnership with IronKey will also enable us to add a cloud-based security solution to Imation’s offerings.”

“IronKey’s secure storage customers and partners will benefit from Imation’s global reach in more than 100 countries,” said Arthur Wong, CEO of IronKey. “IronKey will continue to build out solutions for providing secure online access by leveraging its online cloud services security platform to protect customers’ assets, data, and transactions across multiple form factors such as portable USB devices, software, and mobile applications.”

The secure storage products and technologies transferring to Imation include multifunction portable computing devices that protect stored data with strong hardware encryption. IronKey secure storage devices are validated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology to meet the stringent Level 3 criteria of FIPS 140-2. Combined with the cloud-based IronKey Enterprise Management Service, data security can be managed and audited from anywhere in the world.

btarunr, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Imation Announces the IronKey Workspace W700 Flash Drive

Imation Corp., a global data storage and information security company, today announced the availability of IronKey Workspace W700, the first Microsoft-certified Windows To Go devices to be FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified. Achievement of this certification required rigorous testing, which was then reviewed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification is a requirement for civilian and military U.S. federal agencies, as well as a benchmark for security and reliability for enterprises looking for the highest level of security. Government and enterprise organizations looking to adopt a mobile device strategy with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation now have a Windows To Go option.

Driver for IronKey not recognised Imation_IronKey_Workspace_W700_01_thm.jpg

Windows To Go is an enterprise feature of Windows 8.1 that lets people be productive from almost any location they choose to work by inserting the Windows To Go USB drive into any compatible PC of their choice. An organization's corporate image, operating system, applications and data are all contained on the Microsoft-certified IronKey Workspace USB drive. The host PC boots completely off the Windows To Go drive using local resources such as monitors, CPUs and network connections. The Windows To Go drive can be centrally managed and offers remote wipe features to protect against loss and theft. The Windows To Go solution is ideal for mobile workers, teleworkers and contractors, fueling secure "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) strategies that allow employees to use their home PCs for work.

"Enterprise users are experiencing new possibilities in mobile productivity with Windows To Go, and they're implementing the technology in many exciting ways," said Stella Chernyak, senior director, Windows Commercial Marketing, Microsoft Corp. "It's great to see Imation offering a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device, like the IronKey Workspace W700, that can help government agencies and other highly regulated industries take advantage of Windows To Go."

Leveraging Imation's leadership and expertise in delivering mobile workspaces, IronKey Workspace W700 is the third IronKey Windows To Go device certified by Microsoft. Secured with the military-grade hardware encrypted protection of the world's most secure and rugged flash drives, the W700 drives are part of IronKey's total government- and industrial-grade mobile workspace solution. With advanced options including centralized device management and bulk provisioning, IronKey Workspace W700 transforms any compatible computer into an IT-provisioned, IT-managed and IT-secured workstation for a fraction of the price of issuing a laptop.

Centralized management is available for IronKey Workspace W700 devices. Using the on-premise IronKey Enterprise Management Server, IT departments can implement policy control, reporting, password reset and "silver bullet" features for remotely disabling and decommissioning a device- all via a central dashboard.

Features and benefits of IronKey Workspace W700 include:
    • FIPS 140-2 Level 3 full device certification for compliance with regulatory requirements.
    • Support for CAC/PIV, enabling active-duty military personnel, government employees and federal contractors to unlock their IronKey Workspace W700 devices with their issued smart cards and gain seamless authentication to their desktops.
    • Ruggedized, waterproof drives, according to military standards (MIL-STD-810F), with a virtually indestructible metal casing that protects against physical damage and has sealed components that defend against tampering.
    • Superior speed, with more than five times the minimum read/write performance required for Windows To Go Microsoft-certified devices.
    • Support for a wide variety of hardware environments including PCs, some tablets and Macs (support for Macs is provided by Imation).
    • Military-grade security with hardware-based AES-256 bit encryption and strong authentication to keep data safe and secure.
    • Ease of use for an IT provisioned, managed and secured workspace infrastructure that includes a start-up assistant that helps configure the computer system for automatic USB boot to Windows To Go, an easy-to-understand end-user interface and self-help options with links to useful webpages.
    • A range of capacity options (32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB).
    "With full device FIPS 140-2 Level 3 encryption, IronKey Workspace sets a new security standard in the mobile workspace market," said Ken Jones, vice president of engineering and product management for IronKey. "Our customers have told us that security is a major concern for mobile workers. Government workers, in particular, must have their computers with them at all times. IronKey Workspace W700 not only makes it easier for workers to transport their Windows desktops, it is one of the most secure Windows 8.1 Windows To Go devices available today."

IronKey Workspace W700 rounds out Imation's Microsoft-certified Windows To Go options for any organization's security needs:
    • IronKey Workspace W700 delivers a certified, high-performance and high-security platform for Windows To Go deployment in government organizations and enterprises; it also provides optional device management.
    • IronKey Workspace W500 delivers a high-performance, high-security platform that includes hardware encryption and a rugged metal enclosure, with enterprise-grade deployment and device management options, for organizations not requiring FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification but needing the same level of security.
    • IronKey Workspace W300 delivers high performance on an IronKey device using BitLocker password protection capabilities in Windows To Go and up to 256-bit AES full disk encryption, making it an excellent option for employees working and collaborating remotely who do not handle sensitive data but want the same high productivity experienced from the desktop.
    IronKey solutions meet the challenge of protecting today's mobile workforce, featuring secure USB solutions for data transport and mobile workspaces. The IronKey line includes some of the world's leading hardware encrypted USB drives for storage, secure workspace devices for Windows To Go, and cloud-based or on-premise centralized device management solutions.

Cristian_25H, Sep 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Driver for IronKey not recognised

Imation Launches Newest IronKey Hardware-Encrypted Secure Flash Drives

Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced availability of its next-generation IronKey S250 and D250 hardware-encrypted flash drives. Widely known as The World's Most Secure Flash Drives, the newest IronKey flash drives feature faster performance, a redesigned control panel that supports multiple languages, and new remote management capabilities in its signature rugged, high-security design.

The IronKey S250 and D250 flash drives are available in Basic, Personal and Enterprise editions for enterprise and personal use. The IronKey flash drives deliver powerful protection against data loss and are validated to meet the stringent Security Level 3 requirements of the FIPS 140-2 standard, which fully support corporate and government compliance strategies.

Driver for IronKey not recognised 71a_thm.jpg

The Personal and Enterprise editions feature built-in identity protection that allows users to securely surf the web, and the IronKey password vault to store and protect user passwords. The Enterprise edition adds centralized remote administration through Imation's cloud security console, which supports full life cycle management for deploying and managing dozens to thousands of secure flash drives.

"While organizations are realizing the advantages of a mobile workforce, they are also coming to grips with vulnerabilities caused by lost or stolen data," said Lawrence Reusing, Imation's general manager for Mobile Security. "Imation has developed its new IronKey S250 and D250 offerings to provide choices for organizations around the world whose employees need to transport and access data remotely, while enhancing security, performance and reliability."

The newest features and functionality added to IronKey S250 and D250 devices include:
    • Faster performance, premium quality dual-channel flash memory gives fast file read performance of up to 31 MB/second and write speeds of up to 18MB/second.
    • Redesigned control panel, makes a user-friendly interface even easier to navigate for user authentication.
    • Multiple language support, guides the user through authentication and is available in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese, in addition to English, empowering the user to access data without relying on the help desk.
    • Cross-Platform Compatibility, designed for use with Microsoft Windows XP SP2+/Vista/7; Mac OS X 10.5+ (including Mountain Lion OS) and Linux 2.6+.
    • Improved Remote Management Capabilities, IronKey Enterprise S250 and D250 devices can be remotely recovered, reset, and forced into a read-only mode, all from Imation's cloud security service.
    The IronKey S250 and D250 secure flash drives meet security standards for high security environments, with features that include:
    • FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security devices,* meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
    • AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
    • Strong password protection to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
    • Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
    • Capacity D250 capacities range from 2GB – 64GB, S250 capacities range from 2GB – 32GB.
    Pricing and availability
    Imation's IronKey S250 and D250 Enterprise and Personal flash drives are available worldwide through Imation's network of channel partners or Imation Sales. US customers may purchase certain IronKey Basic and Personal flash drives from the Imation Mobile Security Store at http://store.imation.com/security. Manufacturer's list pricing ranges from $US109 to $US599 for S250 and $US89 to $US599 for D250 models; reseller prices may vary.

btarunr, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Driver for IronKey not recognised

1. Driver for IronKey not recognised - Similar Threads - Driver IronKey recognised

2. How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?: Hi, I recently picked up a webcam from my inlaws, a "Live! Cam Optia" old I know, and it worked fine plug & play. I later tried to connect it to my Android phone, and it gave an error, so I gave up with that idea and plugged it back in, not giving it much thought. I tried to...
  3. How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?: Hi, I recently picked up a webcam from my inlaws, a "Live! Cam Optia" old I know, and it worked fine plug & play. I later tried to connect it to my Android phone, and it gave an error, so I gave up with that idea and plugged it back in, not giving it much thought. I tried to...
  4. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?: I recently bought a new ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM laptop and when i try to plug in my Hyper X Cloud Alpha S with USB it does not recognise it at all cant see it in device manager or sound or anything, like no Windows prompt or anything. The small dongle thing gets power but...
  5. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?: I recently bought a new ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM laptop and when i try to plug in my Hyper X Cloud Alpha S with USB it does not recognise it at all cant see it in device manager or sound or anything, like no Windows prompt or anything. The small dongle thing gets power but...
  6. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer not recognising earphones - Driver issue

Computer not recognising earphones - Driver issue: Hello there,My laptop intermittently doesn't recognise my earphones when plugged. By intermittently, I mean that if I uninstall the Realtek Audio driver and scan for hardware changes or reboot computer, it recognises the earphones again. After idling or waking up from sleep,...
  8. Motherboard LAN driver suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Motherboard LAN driver suddenly not recognised: HiI've been having trouble with a display adaptor whose driver is no longer strictly compatible with the latest version of Win10 64. Starting about 6 months ago I suddenly started getting random restarts and some programs using very excessive GPU usage. After some research...
  9. USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.

USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.: Hello! Whenever I connect my Yamaha psr-e453 keyboard to my windows 10 pc, it installs the wrong driver automatically. The driver it should install should be a USB midi driver, instead windows installs a USB audio driver, and also shows a yellow triangle in the device...
  10. Web Cam: It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it

Web Cam: It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it: I have a Samsung TV Camera which I would like to use on my Windows 10 64bit Desktop PC. It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it. Not that it should require a Driver anyway. How can I get it to work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recoginize ironkey harddrive

2. windows 10 open ironkey

3. ironkey unable to open windows 10

4. ironkey intel usb driver,
  5. ironkey not recognized windows 10,
  6. ironkey windows 10 doesnt load,
  7. iation ironkey drivers will not load on windows 10