Windows 10: Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

Discus and support Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can no longer write to CD or DVD on my Memorex MRX-800LU. Memorex supplied a zip file with an update for Win 10 Pro 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColinJohnson9, May 25, 2020.

1. Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can no longer write to CD or DVD on my Memorex MRX-800LU. Memorex supplied a zip file with an update for Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, but it contains no .inf file and therefore the normal "Update Driver" function fails. Memorex insist that I must use Driver/Finder utility to install it, but that utility contains malware which means MalwareBytes Pro blocks its download. The zip file contains only 3 files - .cat .dll and READ-ME.txt of which the .dll has 0 size!

Can anyone suggest how I might be able to update this driver please?

Regards,

Colin Johnson

Victoria

Australia

:)

ColinJohnson9, May 25, 2020
  2. cape ann Win User

Cannot connect Memorex CD/DVD Writer to Dell laptop

I cannot connect a new Memorex cd/dvd Writer to my new Dell laptop. Very frustrating ! Help please.

cape ann, May 25, 2020
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Hp pavillion compatibility with a Memorex external DVD writer

Hi Shannon,

Can you provide me with the model of the Memorex DVD writer so I can look up the drivers for you? Let me know.

Ethan B., May 25, 2020
  4. Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

Cannot connect Memorex CD/DVD Writer to Dell laptop

Hello,

Is this an external or internal drive

Here are several troubleshooting docs listed by Memorex.

http://support.memorex.com/category/10/0/10/Optical-Media-Drives-and-Accesories/CD-DVD-BD-Drives/

What is the Windows Operating System?

Couresy of Karthik Vendaloor, Microsoft

Method 1

Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

1.Press Windows key + X and then clicking Control Panel.

2.In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.

3.Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.

NOTE : If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 2:

Update the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If Windows 8 drivers are not available, you can install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode. Follow these steps:

http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Digital-Storage/CD--DVD-Drives/

a) Press ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.

c) Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.

d) Select the drivers and install.

Smittychat., May 25, 2020
Thema:

Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

1. Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer - Similar Threads - Driver Memorex MRX

2. CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled: cdfs.sys file always stops working.I am dual booting with Win 10 and 11 19044 22000. Latest updates.The Machine came with preinstalled Win 10 1909. Hp Notebook. The manufacturer only guarantees that the CD will work with that version and they are aware of the constant bugs...
  3. Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer

Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer: Installed Sandstrom USB CD/DVD writer on Acer Laptop but doesn't work - keep getting Windows Code 32 error message. Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers but still doesn't work? Any help would be appreciated,...
  4. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  5. cd/dvd driver

cd/dvd driver: I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an...
  6. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  7. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  8. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991
  9. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...
  10. CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100

CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100: I have a Dell 8100 XPS and when the hard drive went, I restored from an August backup (using Microsoft's Windows 10 backup) afetr replacing the drive. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the Ethernet adapter so eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh. The only major...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mrx870le