Windows 10: driver for printer is not working

Discus and support driver for printer is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP officejet5258 printer. I am unable to print from it. It tells me that my driver is unavailable. However, my husband can print from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RebeccaSchmitz, Mar 31, 2020.

1. driver for printer is not working

Hi, I have a HP officejet5258 printer. I am unable to print from it. It tells me that my driver is unavailable. However, my husband can print from it.

:)

RebeccaSchmitz, Mar 31, 2020

2. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 31, 2020
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2020
  4. driver for printer is not working

After upgrade to windows 10 i did and now my printer won't work . there is no driver for this model printer that work. such a nightmare. I removed the printer. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer and printer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Do you get any error message or code while you try to print?
    I understand your concern however, please try the
    following steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If the issue persist install the latest drivers for the printer from the manufacturer website and if you could not find, we suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode using the article below and check for the issue.

Step 2: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Refer the link below:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you better.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

driver for printer is not working

1. driver for printer is not working - Similar Threads - driver printer working

2. printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer driver: windows versio 21HE 64 based system, after 3rd March update I cannot print documents. I removed my epson 335 wifi printer and reinstalled but a message cones up "printer driver not available....
  3. Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Drivers: Dell 1355cn Color MFP W10 New DriverBOBruce OttFri 2022-01-28 11:06 PMTo: Microsoft CommunityThe latest W10 printer driver for the above-referenced has lost some functionality from the previous, i.e., to print two-sided w/o a duplicator on the printer a drop down menu used to...
  4. Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Drivers: Dell 1355cn Color MFP W10 New DriverBOBruce OttFri 2022-01-28 11:06 PMTo: Microsoft CommunityThe latest W10 printer driver for the above-referenced has lost some functionality from the previous, i.e., to print two-sided w/o a duplicator on the printer a drop down menu used to...
  5. Printer/driver stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer/driver stopped working: My printer was working fine but stopped suddenly. I have tried re-setting it up/downloading driver and get "Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFileWindowsApps\AD2F1837.HPPrinterControl_122.2.838.0_x6...\HPPrintScanDocotorExt.exe" I tried removing HP app and re-downloading but...
  6. Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers: Dear Microsoft Representative, Hello there. My name is Kevin Perez. I, thanks to Full Sail University, am proficient in Assembly Language. As a result of this training, I am hoping to write my own printer drivers. I may need your permission in order to do this. I don't plan...
  7. Printer driver

Printer driver: I am trying to install a new printer on my desktop. I have added the printer and see it, but the message says "driver is unavailable" How do I correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver/c1fee029-dcb3-47c1-a1c0-fc4200e391e3
  8. microsoft printer driver stoped working

microsoft printer driver stoped working: microsoft printer driver stoped working after upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-printer-driver-stoped-working/bb05572d-a020-49be-95e3-3895360f6dfa
  9. Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers: First my new Canon printer scanner MX 474 drivers(mp files) will not load on this computer. I then noticed The new windows update will not install 2019-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4503327) -Error 0x800706be. Plus error codes...
  10. printer drivers

printer drivers: Hi Folks. A while ago I bought a new PC with windows 10 installed on it. Now, sadly, I cannot use my OKI C3100 colour laser jet printer anymore. Could you please give me some advise on how to make it work again? Many thanks Scott...