Windows 10: Driver for wireless gaming controller

Discus and support Driver for wireless gaming controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a generic wireless pc gaming controller for my Xbox 360 control on the device manager appears as unknown device I try to intstall the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pronoob84, Aug 3, 2020.

1. pronoob84 Win User

Driver for wireless gaming controller

I have a generic wireless pc gaming controller for my Xbox 360 control on the device manager appears as unknown device I try to intstall the driver manually, after the "success installation" still appears as an unknown device I try in different USB ports still the same and I already tried in another windows 10 machine and I was able to to it any suggestions?

:)

pronoob84, Aug 3, 2020

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Driver for wireless gaming controller - Similar Threads - Driver wireless gaming

2. HID Compliant Game Controller Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Compliant Game Controller Driver: Hello, So I was trying to fix something on my computer and in that process I deleted the HID Compliant Game Controller driver and I am not sure how to get it back I have been trying for a couple days and can't find anything if anyone can help it would be great....
  3. Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found: I would like to preface this by saying that I am familiar with technology I'm an engineer and I have tried everything in my arsenal to solve the problem but have failed. I own a Microsoft Wireless Adaptor for my Xbox one controller. I am able to use it on my laptop but not...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter Driver Issues: For some reason my pc is not recognizing the new adapter fully. It's listed as "XBOX ACC" in the device manager, and cannot find a driver for it. I've done some pretty extensive googling, but it always boils down to manually installing the drivers for it from the Window...
  5. Game Controller Driver Issues

Game Controller Driver Issues: I've been having the device not migrated 0xC0000719 error on the Nintendo Pro Controller and the Xbox One S Controller. More specifically on the HID Game Controller driver, Bluetooth HID Device driver and the XINPUT driver XINPUT is unique to the xbox controller. I've done...
  6. Wireless Driver Gone When Gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Driver Gone When Gaming: I have a problem when playing a game my wifi driver is always missing, when I troubleshoot windows it always suggests a network reset, but the problem always comes back every time I play a game...
  7. Hid Compliant game controller drivers

Hid Compliant game controller drivers: Hello i was trying to fix something with a ps4 controller not working with my computer and i accidentally delted the Hid compliant game controller driver and now it seems that windows wont recognize the controller anymore is there a way to download the driver again or...
  8. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken

Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken: After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or tampered with, while an...
  9. Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless controller for playing games on Win10 laptop: Hi I have Win10 laptop and have many games on Microsoft Store like Asphalt. Can I use xbox wireless controller to play games on my laptop? Do I need more accessories with the controller like some receiver? Also can I join 2 controllers and play simultaneously?...
  10. HID Compliant Game Controller Driver

HID Compliant Game Controller Driver: If I have my RealFlight Interlink Elite Controller plugged into a USB port on a computer running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro the screen saver and power save options will not work. This work perfectly with Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 prior to my upgrade to Windows 10. The...