Windows 10: driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

Discus and support driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, this all recently started happening and im pretty concerned. Heres what happens: I turn on my pc. it is in 60 hz instead of the usual 144hz that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haloha_x, Sep 27, 2020.

1. driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

So, this all recently started happening and im pretty concerned. Heres what happens:

I turn on my pc. it is in 60 hz instead of the usual 144hz that my monitor is.

Windows notification telling me to fix my graphics driver. I click on it and it does nothing, so I open up geforce experience.

my driver uninstalled itself, whatever shit happens, so i start the driver installation.

about 25% through, the screen goes dark grey, then completely black. Then I get like a 144p BSOD followed by a restart.

Then the computer works fine. its in 144hz and the graphics driver is installed just fine. no blue screen.

I feel like this might be similar to a recent issue (no longer happens) where about 70% of the time, my pc starts in the wrong resolution. This is followed by a black screen. 50% of the time I get "no signal" on my monitor and have to hold the power button on my pc then turn it back on. The never doesnt happen directly after doing that.

I think this is an issue with my gpu (specs below). so, am I due for a new gpu or is there some other stuff that I can do? I've tried using ddu for other issues i've had in the past and it's never helped with anything.

specs:

amd ryzen 5 3600 CPU

16gb RAM

nvidia geforce gtx 1660 GPU

msi tomahawk something max motherboard

750 watt 80+% whatever power supply (bought new like 10 months ago)

shitty ass 1tb hdd (its not shitty i just want more storage)

256 gb ssd that im pretty sure does jack shit since i install all my stuff to the hdd (windows install is in the ssd drive tho)

just felt like naming all the stuff

submitted by /u/haloha_x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haloha_x, Sep 27, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 27, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 27, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I dont think that Minidump is going to be of help as all the dates are too far in the past to be useful. Go to Event Viewer/ Windows Logs / then check Application for errors and and Windows for error that happen just before the time of BSOD, post screen shots of the errors listed! Thank you and welcome to TPU!*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

EDIT: Curious to what GPU's you tested in said PC that are working right now with no issues?

DRDNA, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

1. driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc - Similar Threads - driver fuckup error

2. win10 BSOD every time I open my bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 BSOD every time I open my bluetooth driver.: I am using windows10 with bootcamp on a MacbookPro 2018 15inch. About 2 weeks ago I encountered a BSOD after switching back from macos to windows, which stated that it was Page fault in non paged area caused by BTHport.sys. After going into the safe mode and disabling the...
  3. My PC's lock screen changes to a different windows lock screen every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC's lock screen changes to a different windows lock screen every time I turn it on.: Basically the title, I've set a lock screen to be a picture I want, and no matter what it changes. I've even gone into registry edit (as explained here) and set it to be unchangeable but it still comes up different every time. Please help, it's doing my head in. submitted...
  4. Every time i start up my pc i get this error

Every time i start up my pc i get this error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Matt7531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ii92eu/every_time_i_start_up_my_pc_i_get_this_error/
  5. Every time I turn on my PC, deleted user appear in the list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I turn on my PC, deleted user appear in the list: Hi, Every time I turn on my PC, deleted user appear in the list. I go to Family and other users, and delete that user from Other users list. It says it is Local account. Once I turn off and turn on PC, it again appears in the same place. How do I delete it forever?...
  6. Every time I boot my PC, my bluetooth driver crashes immedietely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every time I boot my PC, my bluetooth driver crashes immedietely: Hello All, Every time I boot my W10 PC, my bluetooth driver is crashing and I can't seem to figure out the issue. I uninstall it from device manager after it has had an error and then scan for hardware changes to make the PC notice it and reinstall. It reinstalls properly...
  7. I tried to turn my pc off and on but the same screen pops up every time

I tried to turn my pc off and on but the same screen pops up every time: Hi there, Last night i reset my pc to factory new and in the process of resetting my brother cut the power off. I turned the pc on and i came to the login screen but it says my profile was deactivated. I tried to turn my pc off and on but the same screen pops up every time....
  8. Bsod every time inturn the pc on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod every time inturn the pc on: hello people i have a problem on my hp laptop, already did a memory test, disk check, format my hdd and reinstalled windows, but i keep getting memory managment or system thread exception or system service exception bsod every time i turn my laptop on atleast once then the...
  9. BSOD every time i boot my PC IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD every time i boot my PC IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Every time i turn on my Laptop, the computer throws a BSOD and then boots properly. Things i have done so far: - CMD Sfc /Scannow looking for any corrupted file. - Update all my drivers (using Driver Booster) - Update Windows (Windows update) - System restore...
  10. BSOD every time i turn my pc on

BSOD every time i turn my pc on: my pc has been giving me bsod ever since i installed win10 on it, it happens with every boot, sometimes it displays a bsod, and other times just a black screen when windows starts to load, after that, it restarts on it's own or simply shuts down. After booting it for the 2nd...