Windows 10: driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

Discus and support driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, this all recently started happening and im pretty concerned. Heres what happens: I turn on my pc. it is in 60 hz instead of the usual 144hz that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haloha_x, Sep 27, 2020.

1. driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

So, this all recently started happening and im pretty concerned. Heres what happens:

I turn on my pc. it is in 60 hz instead of the usual 144hz that my monitor is.

Windows notification telling me to fix my graphics driver. I click on it and it does nothing, so I open up geforce experience.

my driver uninstalled itself, whatever shit happens, so i start the driver installation.

about 25% through, the screen goes dark grey, then completely black. Then I get like a 144p BSOD followed by a restart.

Then the computer works fine. its in 144hz and the graphics driver is installed just fine. no blue screen.

I feel like this might be similar to a recent issue (no longer happens) where about 70% of the time, my pc starts in the wrong resolution. This is followed by a black screen. 50% of the time I get "no signal" on my monitor and have to hold the power button on my pc then turn it back on. The never doesnt happen directly after doing that.

I think this is an issue with my gpu (specs below). so, am I due for a new gpu or is there some other stuff that I can do? I've tried using ddu for other issues i've had in the past and it's never helped with anything.

specs:

amd ryzen 5 3600 CPU

16gb RAM

nvidia geforce gtx 1660 GPU

msi tomahawk something max motherboard

750 watt 80+% whatever power supply (bought new like 10 months ago)

shitty ass 1tb hdd (its not shitty i just want more storage)

256 gb ssd that im pretty sure does jack shit since i install all my stuff to the hdd (windows install is in the ssd drive tho)

just felt like naming all the stuff

submitted by /u/haloha_x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haloha_x, Sep 27, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 27, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 27, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I dont think that Minidump is going to be of help as all the dates are too far in the past to be useful. Go to Event Viewer/ Windows Logs / then check Application for errors and and Windows for error that happen just before the time of BSOD, post screen shots of the errors listed! Thank you and welcome to TPU!*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

EDIT: Curious to what GPU's you tested in said PC that are working right now with no issues?

DRDNA, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc

1. driver fuckup and error screen (bsod) every time i turn on my pc - Similar Threads - driver fuckup error

2. Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC: Hi every bodyA few days ago, my PC got an issue. Every time I turn my PC on, taskbar is disappeared. I have to go into Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer.How can I check what wrong with my PC and fix it ?...
  3. Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC: Hi every bodyA few days ago, my PC got an issue. Every time I turn my PC on, taskbar is disappeared. I have to go into Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer.How can I check what wrong with my PC and fix it ?...
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  5. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  6. Every time i turn on my laptop get an error and freezes on the loading screen after time it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i turn on my laptop get an error and freezes on the loading screen after time it...: here problem details "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8044e51d340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011224-15578-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  7. Every time i turn on my laptop get an error and freezes on the loading screen after time it...

Every time i turn on my laptop get an error and freezes on the loading screen after time it...: here problem details "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8044e51d340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011224-15578-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  8. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  9. I receive a C Drive error every time I turn my PC on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I receive a C Drive error every time I turn my PC on: Hi, whenever I load up my PC I'm told there are errors with my C drive. The PC says its fixing them but once the PC loads up I right click on my C drive, go on properties, tools, error checking and I'm told there's still an issue and that I might lose data on that file. I've...
  10. BSOD every time i turn my pc on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time i turn my pc on: my pc has been giving me bsod ever since i installed win10 on it, it happens with every boot, sometimes it displays a bsod, and other times just a black screen when windows starts to load, after that, it restarts on it's own or simply shuts down. After booting it for the 2nd...