Windows 10: Driver Help, Please

Discus and support Driver Help, Please in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 3 year old Toshiba laptop, L855S 5136NR, that Toshiba does not support for Win10. Original OS, Win8. Running great on Win10, build 1511,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by torre, Aug 9, 2016.

1. torre Win User

Driver Help, Please

I have a 3 year old Toshiba laptop, L855S 5136NR, that Toshiba does not support for Win10. Original OS, Win8.

Running great on Win10, build 1511, but desperately need a wifi and display (graphics) driver for Build 1607. Current drivers are wifi (Realtek 8188c) Graphics (Intel 3000).

Current wifi driver that works well on 1511 is actually from Lenovo which I found during a previous search. However, their latest driver does not work. The graphics issue is the desktop icons are greatly enlarged and not organized. Searches for proper drivers have been to no avail including Realtek and Intel sites.

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

torre, Aug 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Driver Help, Please

DeaconFrost, Aug 9, 2016
  5. torre Win User
    Thanks ! Will try those.

I tried the Intel Graphics download from the Toshiba site (8.1 driver) but will try from Intel site.

Also, previously tried from the Realtek site but possible not correct driver.

torre, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Try uninstalling both drivers in Device manager - remove software (checkbox or prompt)

Manually run Windows Update (WU)

If WU down't provide the correct driver, please post the Hardware Ids for each device in Device Manager

Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field: The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series. For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• The bit depth of your install should be noted (x86 or x64) as well as your current version

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

I saw a nice feature on a Toshiba machine in for repair. See if it's on your machine
    Settings > System > About
    scroll down - is there a support website for your machine?

It's not on my HP ... darn.

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2016
  7. torre Win User
    Previously tried the Windows Update to no avail. My laptop is 3 years old and does not have updated diagnosis software. Toshiba does not support this model for Win10.

Updated specs, thanks for the reminder. *Smile

torre, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Driver Help, Please

thanks for updating your specs ... it would be very helpful if you posted the link to the Speccy snapshot

Could you elaborate on the Wifi and Display issues?

Does WiFi not work at all or is it just lousy connection
    Did the Realtek link Deacon provided help?

The graphics issue is the desktop icons are greatly enlarged and not organized
    This might be a settings issue, not a driver issue.
    Right click on an open area of your desktop
    Select View > arrange (you can also select align if you like)

Open Settings > System > Display
    press Advanced Display settings at the bottom
    make sure the Resolution is set to the recommended value

Slartybart, Aug 11, 2016
  9. torre Win User
    Thanks for the reply, bart.

Found a driver from Realtek for wifi and graphics seems to be ok after latest reinstall. *Smile

torre, Aug 11, 2016
  10. Excellent !

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver Help, Please

1. Driver Help, Please - Similar Threads - Driver Help Please

2. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  3. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  4. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver issues please help

Driver issues please help: I installed Ubuntu over my Windows install, and just now decided to install Windows again, and my drivers stuff is gone. I have a acer nitro AN515-55 with a GTX 1650Ti GPU and an intel core i5 10th gen something, how do I get nitrosense and all the other geforce stuff back???...
  6. Please help me with a driver issue

Please help me with a driver issue: How do I revert to the original drivers. This shows up and I can't delete it. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-with-a-driver-issue/ba3e655e-b32e-4c3a-9826-22a132136611
  7. DRIVER PLEASE HELP

DRIVER PLEASE HELP: Every time I upload to Windows 10 my computer configuration was internet is blown. Bluetooth drivers are not uploading properly. All internet is disabled with the ethernet. Please help...
  8. Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP): i accidentally uninstalled my ethernet drivers. My Friend told me to install the drivers. and it still doesnt work. i was wonering what to do like go to control panel or settings or start up menu. I would really aprreciate it if you can help me...
  9. Audio driver issues, Please help

Audio driver issues, Please help: Hi, this is my first time posting and I thought i could solve this issue but its really starting to annoy me. Basically when you change the volume in youtube or similar things like spotify, even if its almost silent, the sound becomes louder on its own. The volume on youtube...
  10. Bluetooth driver help please

Bluetooth driver help please: Hey guys i had to reset my windows 10 because i had problems with my windows since when i reset it my bluetooth isn't working so i had to install the driver when i tried to install Atheros Bluetooth Driver V7.2.0.65 for windows 10 it only works for windows 7 64 32 bit and...