Windows 10: Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator

Discus and support Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Office Jet 6700 Drivers V 28.0.1315.0 installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator. Get an error message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJRCorn, Jun 18, 2020.

1. JJRCorn Win User

Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator

HP Office Jet 6700 Drivers V 28.0.1315.0 installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator. Get an error message that account is not an administrator account see image. HP Community and Support have been helpful but unsuccessful in uninstalling the old drives so I can install updated device drivers.

Any idea on how I go about removing this driver. Setting, App, Program & Features try to delete but with no luck. Can not find a recognizable register entry to remove that way.

Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator aa533769-0ba0-4872-8ee2-2809d73a5a6f?upload=true.jpg

:)

JJRCorn, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Jun 18, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Darren Win User

Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator

Darren, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Driver installed in XP via administrator, can not be removed via W10 administrator - Similar Threads - Driver installed via

2. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system: Laptop Dell XPS 1330, i7, Windows 10 is transferred from Administrator ‘A’ to spouse in a divorce. All the data on the system are the work of spouse, but are shown as the property of ‘A’. Spouse creates Administrator ‘B’ account, logs in as such, also logging into ‘B’s...
  3. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system: Laptop Dell XPS 1330, i7, Windows 10 is transferred from Administrator ‘A’ to spouse in a divorce. All the data on the system are the work of spouse, but are shown as the property of ‘A’. Spouse creates Administrator ‘B’ account, logs in as such, also logging into ‘B’s...
  4. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. W10 administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  6. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 administrator account: I have 2 admin accounts. How can I prevent one of the admin account have access on my files. I want to keep files for myself and the browsers open. How can I do that?...
  7. W10 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. W10 administrator issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 administrator issues: Since I use W10 I face on a regular base problems with administrator rights like I cannot remember from W7 nor all earlier versions. Frequently I see that I have no right to open a folder or file in the other OS-systems. Often just admitting to the question yes or no to open...
  9. Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO: I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account. The batch file updates (imports settings through a separate file) a program already present on the PC client (win 10). After applied...
  10. Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update: Recently I was notified that a driver installation failed. I went and checked it out, and it was a driver for HD 4600 graphics. My old system ran an i7-4790K, and when I upgraded to X99 I did not reimage my SSD. Is there a way I can remove an update from Windows Update?...