Windows 10: Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help)

Discus and support Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A bit of background: I am, by trade, an IT support technician so I can perform a variety of technical operations, however this particular issue is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hehasbeensick, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help)

A bit of background: I am, by trade, an IT support technician so I can perform a variety of technical operations, however this particular issue is a personal issue and it has stumped me. Ok ladies and gents, here’s a funny one: I recently set up a small theatre system on the side of a cupboard (the side of said cupboard faces my bed). It’s quite simple really, a stripped down laptop with the LCD mounted to the outside of the cupboard, facing my bed and the motherboard mounted behind it on the inside of the cupboard with various holes for cabling etc.. This Pc is configured to do one thing: startup, login automatically and immediately open Plex media player. I have ordered a little remote control to complete to complete the setup but it’s stuck in china and I’m in the UK so... it could be a while. In the meantime I thought I would use my trusty Xbox 360 controller to control the player, using an xbox 360 wireless usb receiver (also from china, so by no means is it genuine). Here’s my issue: plug and play does not work for this device (I didn’t expect it to), but on my other PCs (all running windows 10 home installed from the very same ISO) all I had to do was use device manager to install a driver, and the particular driver I chose was the “xbox 360 wireless controller for windows version 10.01” or “10.0.2”, whichever one it is. On every other PC i own this worked perfectly and I am able to pair the controller and use it normally. For this PC however, it tells me that driver installation was successful, the properties window closes, device manager refreshes and it still shows up as an unknown device, claiming *no drivers are installed*. Please help me reddit, for i do not know what to do. I’ve tried everything from different drivers to different USB ports and still it’s the same result every time.

If anyone out there happens to know the answer, please tell me because I’m only a mere few days away from volleying the whole cupboard out of my window.

thank you reddit

ETA: I’m running windows 10 home version 20h2 on an Acer NC-ES1-111M-C3CP

submitted by /u/hehasbeensick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hehasbeensick, Feb 12, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Fox34 Win User
    I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help)

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help)

1. Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help) - Similar Threads - Driver installer lying

2. Can’t install nvidia driver in safe mode anymore..please help me!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install nvidia driver in safe mode anymore..please help me!!!!!!!: I have windows 11 pro. I installed a new ssd with the new os. I went to update my 3080ti drivers like I always do by getting the latest driver and ddu on my desktop, then I boot into safe mode and unhook my internet and delete my nvidia driver and choose not to restart after...
  3. please help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help me: คอมขึ้นแต่คำว่าrestartแล้วก็ขึ้นแบบไม่หายเลยค่ะกดอะไรไม่ได้เลยพอขึ้นแล้วก็ดับไปแล้วก็เป็นแบบนี้ไปเรื่อยๆไม่หายสักทีเลยค่ะ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me/918c34a9-a59f-497e-a873-a0c2e5794fcc
  4. PLease help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLease help me: I have this reoccurring issue: So... every time I reboot my laptop, another program displays this error message Cookies must be allowedYour browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use a Microsoft account.Cookies are small text...
  5. Help me please

Help me please: I was resetting my pc because of windows 10 with 2gb ram but it got stuck at 44% and the hdd led was off strangely the loading circle was spinning. I force shutdown and restart it was undoing changesAnd when I put my password and unlocked it, it showed reset was failed. I was...
  6. please help me with a minecraft instalation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me with a minecraft instalation problem.: i bought minecraft yesterday and when i intalled it and pressed lets go it showed me this Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. please help...
  7. please help me with a minecraft instalation problem.

please help me with a minecraft instalation problem.: i bought minecraft yesterday and when i intalled it and pressed lets go it showed me this Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. please help...
  8. Please help me with a driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help me with a driver issue: How do I revert to the original drivers. This shows up and I can't delete it. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-with-a-driver-issue/ba3e655e-b32e-4c3a-9826-22a132136611
  9. installers wont working!! please help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    installers wont working!! please help me: as u can see some program install worn working and im sure its because they cant accsess to the file "APPDATA" or beacuse security settings, whatsappsetup cant install but steam and discord works without any proplem, it shows me a log after installation failed with whatsapp i...
  10. Help me PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me PLEASE!: Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I come home from work to discover my computer was shut off and a windows update had occurred. Now, I can't connect to the internet through my router which is an old Linksys WRT54G. I can plug in the Ethernet directly to my computer...