Windows 10: Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install

Discus and support Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: I'm able to install the driver and Device manager recognizes the device, but the final install step of connecting the device to the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SVOhio, Jul 16, 2021.

1. SVOhio Win User

Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install

Problem: I'm able to install the driver and Device manager recognizes the device, but the final install step of connecting the device to the computer won't complete. What happens: I install the driver without the device attached (as instructed). The driver installs and prompts to plug in the device to complete the install. When I do, Device Manager recognizes the device, but not as an Audio/Sound device but as other. What I've tried: Roland does have compatible drivers with Windows 10 Pro installed under compatibility mode. I've tried 2 drivers and both of them install, and I know this because I'm prompted to uninstall them when I cancel. And the device always comes up in Device Manager when I plug it in. I've installed this device (Edirol UA-1000 by Roland) on multiple Windows 10 Pro computers without issue and it has always come up under Audio/Sound, so I'm not sure why it comes up under "Other Devices" and I wasn't sure whether I can actually moved a device to the correct Device Manager group and whether that would make a difference. Windows 10 Pro (Build 19042)

:)

SVOhio, Jul 16, 2021
  2. mikek75 Win User

Modem on HD Audio device not installed....

I just bought a Toshiba Equiem P200D 139 lappy which came with Vista. Having spent a couple of days with it its obvious that Vista is a bit too much for it (or maybe it was the pre-installed bloat...), so I've installed XP Pro on it. So far so good, its much more responsive now, and I've found most of the drivers for it (a bit of a chore since Toshiba don't list any XP drivers!!).

Device Manager only shows one remaining triangle, beside Modem on HD Audio device, and I just can't find a driver for it! Tried right clicking and update driver, which worked for a few devices, but this one obstinately refuses to work. Any ideas?*Bang Head :banghead:

mikek75, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 16, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Installing nv drivers.. Gfx drivers

Allright, Thanks! Gonna reboot now and try and see if that annoyance shows up, although I don't have install drivers when I connect device set on windows update on hardware properties, it STILL insists on installing its own! Lmao... Brb gonna try out your suggestion! Thnx man

psyko12, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install - Similar Threads - Driver installs device

2. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finish installing device software: Today on startup, after a few seconds or a minute or so, I got a notification that says "Finish installing device software".I clicked it and it just disappeared and did not open anything.The icon is a red circle with a white 'x' and it's under security and maintenance.What do...
  3. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finish installing device software: Today on startup, after a few seconds or a minute or so, I got a notification that says "Finish installing device software".I clicked it and it just disappeared and did not open anything.The icon is a red circle with a white 'x' and it's under security and maintenance.What do...
  4. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  6. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  7. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  9. Finish installing device software

Finish installing device software: This notification constantly pops up and I can not finish installing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finish-installing-device-software/67a6ea95-2d29-43c5-9071-a55d770017fe
  10. Finish installing device software

Finish installing device software: Is there any way to know what software Security and Maintenance is referencing when it shows this message?: 'Finish installing device software' 44433