Windows 10: Driver IRQL

Discus and support Driver IRQL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I fix Stop code: DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL error? The system tries to solve it but gets stuck at 10%. And it happens once or twice a day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by selaflaure, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Driver IRQL

How do I fix Stop code: DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL error? The system tries to solve it but gets stuck at 10%. And it happens once or twice a day Every time I have to restart again. I have the latest build on Dev channel.

:)

selaflaure, Jun 30, 2020

2. BSOD - driver IRQL not less or equal (storport.sys)

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with ‘BSOD driver IRQL not less or equal’. This could be due to driver issue. I suggest you to update the drivers by visiting manufacturer's website and check if that helps.

Update the drivers for this device

To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.

2. Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.

3. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

If the issue persist I would suggest you to install the latest driver in compatibility mode and check if issue persist.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Nachappa C K, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Stop Code "Driver IRQL not less or equal" after switching to Windows Insider Fast Ring

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This occurs when a driver tries to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses or a driver that
    was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

• The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
    • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
    • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.

I suggest you to upload the mini dump files to know the root cause of the issue and troubleshoot accordingly.

Copy the Mini Dump files from C:\Windows\Mini Dump to your Desktop, zip up the files, and upload to the Cloud. Post the link for the same, so that we can examine.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it works for you.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Driver IRQL

DRIVER IRQL NOT LES OR EQUAL (wdiwifi.sys)

Hi Micah,

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for
    the page fault include the following:

• The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).

• The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.

• The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.
    I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check if this helps.

Bug Check 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows drivers

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Driver IRQL

1. Driver IRQL - Similar Threads - Driver IRQL

2. BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal fix: I've been getting multiple different BSOD such as driver irql not less or equal and multiple other kernel type stop codes since I initially built my pc. I've had it for about three years now and it seems like it fixes for a few weeks then it starts bluescreening many times...
  3. BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal fix: I've been getting multiple different BSOD such as driver irql not less or equal and multiple other kernel type stop codes since I initially built my pc. I've had it for about three years now and it seems like it fixes for a few weeks then it starts bluescreening many times...
  4. driver irql not less or equal minidump

driver irql not less or equal minidump: Czesć, prosze o pomoc, sprobowalem wszystkiego. naprawde, nie mam juz pomyslu co moge zrobic jeszcze, wysylam info jakby ktos potrafil to rozszyfrowac. dziekuje za pomoc. pozdrawiam serdecznie https://ibb.co/1nLp9q3Mateusz...
  5. driver irql not less or equal minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver irql not less or equal minidump: Czesć, prosze o pomoc, sprobowalem wszystkiego. naprawde, nie mam juz pomyslu co moge zrobic jeszcze, wysylam info jakby ktos potrafil to rozszyfrowac. dziekuje za pomoc. pozdrawiam serdecznie https://ibb.co/1nLp9q3Mateusz...
  6. driver irql not less or equal minidump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys: stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-tcpipsys/34ef867a-0e7f-48c1-bf95-08670c4544a8
  8. stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys: stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-tcpipsys/4c2b0f24-f0ad-4fd1-86eb-8a29a0df6dbd
  9. stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys

stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys: stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-tcpipsys/34ef867a-0e7f-48c1-bf95-08670c4544a8
  10. stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys

stop code: driver irql not less or equal tcpip.sys: stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-tcpipsys/4c2b0f24-f0ad-4fd1-86eb-8a29a0df6dbd