Windows 10: DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time

Discus and support DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my gpu to a 1080 from 1060. ever since then Ive been having this bsod only when playing games as far as i know. Ive checked my ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bigsamp, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:17 PM.

1. Bigsamp Win User

DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time

I recently upgraded my gpu to a 1080 from 1060. ever since then Ive been having this bsod only when playing games as far as i know. Ive checked my ram with mem test and had over 1500 errors. My Old gpu never had this bsod issue when playing games so im not sure if the ram is the culprit here or not

Any help would be much appreciated :

The bugcheck was 0xffff970d83cedbb8, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80078a06dc3.

:)

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2021 at 6:17 PM
  3. essenbe Win User
  4. zbook Win User

DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time

BSODs while playing games, Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time [​IMG]

The above bsod from 9/4/2017 was the Nvidia misbehaving driver.
    Minidumps have easy to find dates.
    Memory dumps can be from any period of time.

It was
    BugCheck A, {30a8418, 2, 0, fffff8007751f535}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption

Thema:

1. DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when playing games for a short amount of time - Similar Threads - DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing certain games for a prolonged time

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing certain games for a prolonged time: Hi there. Over the past two months, I have been occasionally experiencing this particular BSOD (as well as other similar ones that also hint towards driver issues) when playing certain games for a prolonged period of time. Some games never cause it. I tried to get help on...
  5. BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all, I've been getting consistent BSODs while playing games, particularly in intensive situations such as high data load or graphics. I've tried updating video drivers to no avail. I would appreciate any insight as to what could be causing this. Thank you in advance!...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games: Hello, I keep encountering the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However, it only shows up when I play games on my laptop. When I am not gaming the system works fine, no error, no BSOD. I'm not sure what the cause is of this error. Can someone please help me out with...
  7. BSOD playing random games : irql_not_less_or_equal

BSOD playing random games : irql_not_less_or_equal: Hello, So I'm having BSOD issues for a while now. It can be one in 5 days or 5 in 1 hour. I'm kinda getting pissed with this situation therefore requesting for some help here. I ran Memtest 86 before upgrading to W10 months ago without any issue. Hope people can help....
  8. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  9. BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

BSOD playing games - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe): I have been seeing intermittent BSOD's for the last couple of months now whilst playing games, always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message codes, but never any more information. I've read that this is usually caused by bad drivers accessing invalid memory, but I can't determine...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games: After 10-30mins I'm getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while Im playing lineage 2. I got new PC ASUS ROG GL553VD. I was playing GTA V and Mass Effect before and didnt have got such a problem. I can normally use my PC. I've checked hardware and memory with Windows 10...