Windows 10: Driver issue causing BSOD?

Discus and support Driver issue causing BSOD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a second PC that is pretty old - 10 - 11 years.It had Windows 7 installed and I just got a Windows 10 licence for it.During install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidReeder80, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Driver issue causing BSOD?

Hi,I have a second PC that is pretty old - 10 - 11 years.It had Windows 7 installed and I just got a Windows 10 licence for it.During install it crashed a lot with a BSOD saying KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. It does not give any other details, there is no file name in brackets etc.Finally managed to get Windows 10 installed but it crashes at random even when sat doing nothing. The KMODE EXCEPTION seems to be commonly linked to drivers but Windows has found drivers for everything, there are no "other devices" in Device Manager. It has an NVidia Geforce 430 and I was able to update the drivers

:)

DavidReeder80, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Golden Win User

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Sep 6, 2021
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Driver issue causing BSOD? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 6, 2021
  4. user1010 Win User

Driver issue causing BSOD?

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Nice script!!

Here is the output. I attached the zip-file.

bsod--(2019-12-15_14-16-37).zip

user1010, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Driver issue causing BSOD?

1. Driver issue causing BSOD? - Similar Threads - Driver issue causing

2. [ISSUE] BSOD problem caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe+42c0f0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [ISSUE] BSOD problem caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe+42c0f0: I have been getting a blue screen on my computer for 2 weeks. I tried many ways to self-fix via tutorials on web but still no clue...Please help me :My Dumpfile: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1xuCF_XglUfREAqtUvGlC8i0eA6wrHVHUMany thanks,...
  3. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  4. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  5. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  6. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

7. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  8. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  9. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Driver causing BSOD

Driver causing BSOD: Im not sure what driver is causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at my dump files who knows what they are looking at. My specs are included in the folder. Thanks in advance for any help....