Windows 10: driver issue for printer

Discus and support driver issue for printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just downloaded the software for a Canon Printer series MG2500. Printer shows on screen but states 'driver error'. If I try to troubleshoot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WendyKeating1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. driver issue for printer

I have just downloaded the software for a Canon Printer series MG2500. Printer shows on screen but states 'driver error'. If I try to troubleshoot it says error has occurred.

I have followed all instructions I can find but nothing has solved the problem.

I have checked that Windows 10 updates were installed - some were but many were unsuccessful.

I don't often use my laptop but I need to print a few documents - have now bought a new printer but the same problem occurs. I cant even open up Google Chrome either - any help please!

:)

WendyKeating1, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2020
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

driver issue for printer

printer driver

Hi Catherine,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your printer concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you having an issue using your printer or downloading the driver for your printer?
    • If you're having an issue downloading the driver for your printer, can you please tell us how do you download the its driver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you do it.
    • Are you encountering an error message when you attempt to download the driver for your printer? We strongly recommend that you post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.
    • If the issue is with the printer itself, are you having a problem in printing or scanning? What is happening when you attempt to print or scan?

Argel Obm, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

driver issue for printer

1. driver issue for printer - Similar Threads - driver issue printer

2. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Installing Printer Driver: Hello,I'm having an issue installing printer drivers on a windows 10 32 bit machine. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer's website, and tried using their auto-installer. That seemed to throw an error, which I then tried to manually add the printer and...
  3. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Installing Printer Driver: Hello,I'm having an issue installing printer drivers on a windows 10 32 bit machine. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer's website, and tried using their auto-installer. That seemed to throw an error, which I then tried to manually add the printer and...
  4. Issue Installing Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung Printer Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Printer Driver Issue: I have Samsung M2020 Laser Printer and one of its functions every year is to print my Xmas Address Labels. These are saved as an Avery L7160 Template in Word. After recently upgrading to Windows 11 I now have unacceptable alignment issues. On switching to my Canon Inkjet...
  6. HP printer driver bug/issue

HP printer driver bug/issue: I've seen a couple posts about this, and I have a question for those who really know. What are you suppose to do if you don't have a printer anymore, but Windows installed the one with the bug? Do you think Windows will send an update through Windows Update if it detects the...
  7. printer driver issue

printer driver issue: Computer Dynabook portege x30l-g OS Win 10 pro, 64, ver. 20H2, build: 19042.928 issue Trying to reinstall HP printer - Deskjet 2600 series (2620), but I Cannot install the driver. Received error message: ntprint.inf missing. Imported - copy paste - ntprint.inf which would not...
  8. Printer v4 driver deploy issue

Printer v4 driver deploy issue: My sytem configuration OS: Windows 10 pro Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Professional Version 16.5.4 WDK version: 10.0.18346.1000 Driver install - deploy - I am using manual configuration instead of automaticprovision I have create printer v4 driver...
  9. HP Printer Driver Issue

HP Printer Driver Issue: Scan doesn't work on my HP officejet 3830 printer. Called HP and they can't reinstall drivers because they say Windows 10 is blocking it and i should contact MS. HELP please!!!!...
  10. Issues with Canon printer drivers

Issues with Canon printer drivers: I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon said it's not their...