Windows 10: Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized?

Discus and support Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently switched to a laptop and when I try to load games from Steam I either receive a message about the direct X possibly needing to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SevrinBaker, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized?

Hello,

I recently switched to a laptop and when I try to load games from Steam I either receive a message about the direct X possibly needing to be updated to a current version, or the game starts loading and then shuts down without any acknowledgment or error message.

I have Direct X 12, I've followed the advice I found on your support to ensure my updates are current. I've checked dxdiag and everything is fine and I do actually have Direct X 12. Only the most basic of graphic games would even load, but as soon as to much activity happened on the screen it would crash.

I appreciate the help.

:)

SevrinBaker, Aug 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Direct X 12

Sir

I think I said Direct X 12 version doesn’t appear on all my Windows 10 devices.
    Dxdiag was usedto determine the version on my systems. The link you sent is useless. When I used Preview Version of
    windows10,the Direct X version was 12.. Now after upgrading to regular Windows10, from windows 7, none of my systems have Direct X 12, instead I have Direct X 9Ex. What the ****, I don’t even have Direct X 11. It is very disappointing. Direct X 12 should come
    as updates, as I understand. But till now they don’t get updated to Version 12 even though other updates gets downloaded and installed.

narahariraghunath, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized?

Direct x 12

If its so, then why in dxdiag it shows Direct X 12 is installed. I googled a lot and find that registry can only show version number upto direct x 9. Can anyone send me screenshot of registry where it shows the version number of Direct X 12.

AuthorJasmeetSingh, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized?

1. Driver issues? Direct X 12 not recognized? - Similar Threads - Driver issues Direct

2. Direct X 12 IT SUCKS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Direct X 12 IT SUCKS: Most of my games DO NOT ACEPT DIRECT X 12. I NEED direct X 11 or im screwed. Question why cant i install direct x 11??? The new computer of mine THANKS FOR THE FORCED EDGE BROWSER NUMNUTZ! HATE IT! has Windows 10 and it always gives me error messages that say it cant open the...
  3. problems with direct x 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with direct x 12: when I play dead by daylight or forza horizon 4, the games are working fine when i'm not in the game, when i'm in the game the games freezes. I played fortnite, don't blame me, in the settings is an option for directx 11 and directx 12, when i choose the directx 12, the game...
  4. I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have direct x 12 but not direct x 11: Hello So my laptop has direct x 12 but I keep getting errors on games that I need direct x 11 but dirext x 12 is suppose to have everything the dirext x 11 does so can someone please help with this issue Thank you...
  5. activate direct x 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activate direct x 12: i have win 10 enterprise build 20185. is shows directx 12 disabled amd ab 7410 apu with amd radeon r5 graphics trying to run game it comes up directx not enough video memory how do i get it enabled...
  6. DIRECT X 12 ULTIMATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DIRECT X 12 ULTIMATE: Hi, I have GEFORCE GTX 1050 graphic card , Will this graphic card be compatible for Direct X12 Ultimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x-12-ultimate/7e5aca5e-e8e8-4759-a1ad-386da6ef45ba
  7. Direct X 12 issues/Access Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X 12 issues/Access Violation: I am having a real hard time with directX recently. Every single one of my games are crashing cause of it. Is there any way to start a clean install after uninstalling or anything really. I need help so bad....
  8. Direct X 12 problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X 12 problem: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...
  9. Direct X 12 problem?

Direct X 12 problem?: I have one program that isn't displaying. The only thing I have found is when testing Direct X 12 is though it says every thing tests OK the green bar on page 1 doesn't move from the center and if I get it to collect information this also only gets 1/3 of the way over. Is...
  10. Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12?

Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12?: Hi All, Just updated to 10, installed a few games of steam. One had a directXredist run, when i go to dxdiag now i have Direct X 11.3, use to be 12?. Whats the go here? geforce 980 TI is my video card btw. 9709