Windows 10: Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild

Discus and support Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone I just made the transition to Windows 10 on my i5 desktop, and clean installed W10 on a new Samsung EVO 250GB SSD with only a minimum of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sjc312, Jan 13, 2020.

1. sjc312 Win User

Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild

Hi everyone

I just made the transition to Windows 10 on my i5 desktop, and clean installed W10 on a new Samsung EVO 250GB SSD with only a minimum of peripherals attached during the OS install. I then installed my ASUS B85M-G mobo's latest drivers for W10, starting with the chipset, then Graphics, LAN and Audio. Unlike W7, ASUS has not provided any USB3 drivers for W10.

When I checked in Device Manager, there were exclamation marks on -

1) PCI Simple Communications Controller
    2) SM Bus Controller
    3) Unknown Device

So I clean reinstalled the OS again, and installed Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility first, and this dealt with (1) above, followed by the other drivers. I now know I can disable (2) and (3) from advice provided on this platform

SM Bus Controller Driver

Issues I now have is -

a) Device Manager page keeps refreshing itself every two seconds.
    b) Can I use W7 USB3 drivers for W10?
    c) BIOS date and time stays correct after being set as long as I do not boot into Windows. Once I boot into Windows, the BIOS clock resets itself to 21/01/2020 and starts to count upwards from 02:06:00. Changing the CMOS battery and clearing RTC RAM makes no difference.

I would like to resolve these issues before connecting to the internet and installing Windows updates, to avoid cementing in the software glitches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Version 1909 Build 18363.418

:)

sjc312, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 13, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild

1. Driver issues in Windows 10 Home rebuild - Similar Threads - Driver issues Home

2. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome [product key removed]i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro [product key removed]but after a few days my windows is saying this is...
  3. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome [product key removed]i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro [product key removed]but after a few days my windows is saying this is...
  4. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro NW9BW-CYJ4C-T48BT-PKTXF-6Q726but after a few days my windows...
  5. Windows 10 Home, bluetooth speaker recurring driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home, bluetooth speaker recurring driver issues: HiI am having recurring problems with a 'minirig' bluetooth speaker which works well with android devices. Once I add the speaker, it usually connects and plays fine until a system restart, which is when it won't connect, or does for a fraction of a second until I readd it. I...
  6. Windows 10 Home, bluetooth speaker recurring driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home, bluetooth speaker recurring driver issues: HiI am having recurring problems with a 'minirig' bluetooth speaker which works well with android devices. Once I add the speaker, it usually connects and plays fine until a system restart, which is when it won't connect, or does for a fraction of a second until I readd it. I...
  7. Windows 10 home: auto driver update issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home: auto driver update issues: Hello, I am currently having a seamingly unsolvable problem with windows updates. Every time there is an update windows decides to overwrite my drivers even tho i have spacificly said not to. I have tried every posible solution online but to no avail. So far i have tried:...
  8. Windows 10 home: auto driver update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 home: auto driver update issues: Hello, I am currently having a seamingly unsolvable problem with windows updates. Every time there is an update windows decides to overwrite my drivers even tho i have spacificly said not to. I have tried every posible solution online but to no avail. So far i have tried:...
  9. PC Rebuild and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Rebuild and Windows 10: Hello- I have a 10+ year old PC that I had built originally with a retail version of Windows, I believe version 7. Back when the offer came to download and upgrade to Windows 10 I did so and have been running it since. I am in the process of building a new PC utilizing an...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade / Rebuild Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade / Rebuild Issue: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 device. After I upgraded I came across an issue with a driver (or similar) which meant that my machine was unable to boot into Windows. The only options were for me to rebuild the machine and wipe or rebuild and keep all my...