Windows 10: Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Discus and support Driver issues with MIDI/USB device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelEmerson1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers for earlier versions of windows. They don't exist. and running casio drivers hoping that they will cover this device doesnt work either. I need a solution from the windows side. I have tried 12 different searches in google with 12 different parameters for finding a solution. I'm at wits end. I just want to make music on my computer with my brother.

:)

MichaelEmerson1, Apr 6, 2020

2. USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Class Compliant USB MIDI Driver Install Error

Due to the complexity of the issue on installing the USB MIDI Driver, we suggest that you post your concern on our

TechNet Forums
    for advanced troubleshooting methods.

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Apr 6, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

UWP MIDI implementation disables USB Control Surface Devices

I wasn't sure which forum section to post this. So I posted here.

I use Cakewalk Sonar (Platinum version) recording studio program (DAW). The latest update (2017.03) includes support for the Windows 10 UWP MIDI Implementation (see below from Cakewalk). However, changing from the default "MME" to "UWP" disables USB connected MIDI "control surfaces" such as the Behringer X-Touch and Frontier Tranzport. There are reports of other devices being disabled the same way. I see no way to enable these devices??? I know this may be an application issue or even a device driver issue but thought I'd run by the Win 10 guru's.

Here is the statement from Cakewalk on this item in the upgrade"

fireberd, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

1. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device - Similar Threads - Driver issues MIDI

2. Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.: So I have a few midi peripherals for my pro audio windows computer. After several months of stability, suddenly one device will stop working forever. The usual uninstall, change cables and ports etc all tried to death. The only fix is creating a new windows profile and...
  3. Midi Device Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Midi Device Driver not working: Hi, I have a Yamaha DGX-670 and I'm using it as a midi keyboard. I've been using it for the past couple weeks and it worked fine and all of the sudden it stopped working. I've done some research and I think it's due to the driver not working. When I open device manager and...
  4. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  5. USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.

USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.: Hello! Whenever I connect my Yamaha psr-e453 keyboard to my windows 10 pc, it installs the wrong driver automatically. The driver it should install should be a USB midi driver, instead windows installs a USB audio driver, and also shows a yellow triangle in the device...
  6. [19041] MIDI driver issue of 20H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    [19041] MIDI driver issue of 20H1: I using Windows 10 10.0.19041.207, this build will be RTM and stable 20H1 version. but I found some MIDI driver issues. This delete custom MIDI drivers, already reported...
  7. USB driver issues in MTK devices.

USB driver issues in MTK devices.: Hello everyone, i`m having issue in my windows 10 laptop, whenever i try to connect my smartphone to laptop it did not connect. My phone is Redmi Note 8 pro MTK G90T can any one help me to fix this issue... Thank you In advance.....
  8. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  9. usb midi help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb midi help: hi I need help with my midi cord from amazon, my laptop is not understanding it right. so plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-midi-help/91309b2c-3ceb-4804-8bbb-b4466716c9a0
  10. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...