Windows 10: Driver location & Installation

Discus and support Driver location & Installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scenario: My 8 year old HP CTO Win7-64 is running just fine. I can't afford a new PC with Win 10-64. I have the OEM installation disc's for the CTO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miata54, Sep 3, 2019.

1. miata54 Win User

Driver location & Installation

My scenario:

My 8 year old HP CTO Win7-64 is running just fine. I can't afford a new PC with Win 10-64. I have the OEM installation disc's for the CTO which I have used over the years to do a clean install when I couldn't figure out how to fix a screw up on my part. I like the changes Win 10 affords so I bought a Win 10-64 Full Home version a year ago and let it do the update. The install went fine. Now, my principal hobby with the PC is MS-FSX. For those of you not familiar with that program, it flight simulation.

About a year ago, I got myself into one of those no fix situations with FSX. My only way out was a clean install of FSX. But before I did that, I decided to try clean install of Win 10 on my reformatted HD. Not realizing at the time that all the device drivers for my PC were located somewhere on the 4 OEM Win 7 disc's, my installation of Win 10 was cut short with error messages saying that the installation could not continue because vital device drivers could not be located. I then realized that the drivers I needed were not on the Win 10 DVD. So I was forced to reinstall Win 7 and then do the Win 10 update over again. A LONG and tedious process I want to avoid the next time I have to do this. Yesterday I downloaded a Win 10-64 ISO using the MS Media Creation Tool. This was downloaded to a USB flash drive. All went fine.

So my questions are these.

1. Are the device drivers (mobo-chipset-processor etc) located in the C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder or Drivers Store folder or someplace else? If so, can I add them to the USB flash drive so they can be loaded when I run the Setup app?

2. When these drivers are located, do they need to be configured in some special manner or process in order to be installed along with Win 10 from the USB drive, and what tools do I need to do this?

Thanks

:)

miata54, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Driver location & Installation

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Driver location & Installation

1. Driver location & Installation - Similar Threads - Driver location Installation

2. Driver Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Locations: I added a second 1TB SSD to my motherboard and wanted to change that into my main one instead of my other SATA SSD. So I did a little bit of digging on google and found how to change the location of everything through regedit. I changed the location it downloads to my second...
  3. Driver Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Locations: I added a second 1TB SSD to my motherboard and wanted to change that into my main one instead of my other SATA SSD. So I did a little bit of digging on google and found how to change the location of everything through regedit. I changed the location it downloads to my second...
  4. Driver Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...: My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver but my PC does not seem to have the controller drivers....
  6. Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a location to install the drivers for an xbox one controller on windows, my...: My controller will not connect via wire to my PC, have tried plugging into USB port on mother board but no luck. Tried to manually chnage the driver but my PC does not seem to have the controller drivers....
  7. Location of Printer Drivers

Location of Printer Drivers: We have several networked printers. When on a new computer, the first printer that gets installed requires admin rights, as it installs some drivers. After that, any user can open a printer on the network and it installs for just that user without admin rights.Where can I...
  8. Installation location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation location: I am trying to install Microsoft flight sim in a specific drive path for an empty SSD I have, but the SSD in question doesn't show up in the possible installation choices. Why is that? Is there anyway to install to other locations?...
  9. Locating IRST Drivers

Locating IRST Drivers: Has anyone found IRST drivers that work in Windows 10? I attempted to install 14.5.0.1081 WHQL and 14.0.0.1143 WHQL but it said, "This platform is not supported." Recommendations? 9283
  10. Nvidia Driver Install Location?

Nvidia Driver Install Location?: Hey guys, just wondering, where am I supposed to install my Nvidia drivers? Directly in my C drive C:/Nvidia or in program files (x86)? Thanks *Smile 104725